ISO ADVICE, rod selection

Hooksets_arefree

Hey y’all, so I’m looking to expand my rod collection with the addition of a stick that can handle 8in hudds, similar baits and larger glides . Does anyone have any recommendations or knowledge if there is a rod that can do both or is the big softbait game too rod specific for that overlap. 
I’ve been looking at a leviathan omega but have been struggling to figure out which type of baits would be best on it. Any input would be greatly appreciated! 

Edited by Hooksets_arefree

I second the Dobyns 867 (a little more on the softer side but can fish an 8" Hudd), or the IRod Gen 3 Bailey's Swimbait rod (8ft rod, a little stiffer than the Dobyns). I've also fished/still have the IRod Air Bailey's swimbait rod and it's light and sensitive. I'd say it's better for single hook baits with a slightly faster taper but I've thrown a Deps 250 on it in a pinch on copoly for a little give.

On 10/14/2022 at 7:01 AM, Hooksets_arefree said:

Hey y’all, so I’m looking to expand my rod collection with the addition of a stick that can handle 8in hudds, similar baits and larger glides . Does anyone have any recommendations or knowledge if there is a rod that can do both or is the big softbait game too rod specific for that overlap. 
I’ve been looking at a leviathan omega but have been struggling to figure out which type of baits would be best on it. Any input would be greatly appreciated! 

The omegas are pretty parabolic in general for treble hook baits and that’s probably the reason they came out with the Alpha soft swim. 

if you can get your hands on a LDC white label XH they do pretty well with hudds/mags and larger hardbaits like the deps 250.