Scottsboro MM26

1970CST10

Looking for some reviews/feedback on these. There seems to be virtually no information out there. The only real picture of one that I’ve seen is one that was posted here in the black market and one typical YouTube “review” before the guy had ever even fished the bait. So..how’s it stack up against the good ole bullshad? What’s the rate of fall..and most importantly does it get followed or bit! 

Thanks guys 

The MM is a small bait at only 6" x 1.1 oz. It is very narrow and sinks slow. It will not blow out when burned at warp speeds. Well made bait as is everything I have bought from the good folks at Scottsboro Tackle. I have asked numerous times for an upsized version but no luck so far!

2440BAD1-9DF7-4F96-B54A-31D8E1C50A1C.jpeg

5C226B95-AC21-4C5C-B4FA-8B695CE297BB.jpeg

I was throwing prototypes for about a year prior to these hitting the market. Even without eyes and paint, It was catching bass. As mentioned above, you cannot blow the bait out. It runs true at all speeds. Once they hit the market, I painted mine. In the summer evenings, I burn it just under the surface leaving a wake and get bit. 

Most of the year, I’m fishing it above submerged grass or even letting it sink into the top and ripping it out almost like most would use a lipless bait for. Caught my first swimbait bass this year on mine doing just that. 

The bait also has a tight thump that you can feel in the rod as you swim it. I just toss mine on a flipping rod with 16# Sniper fluoro and haven’t had any issues. Since I was tossing blanks, I added my own splits and hooks until I found what I liked the best. But I also helped with R&D on the glide and really like the braided assist hooks. 

Overall, it’s a versatile bait that anyone can pick up and catch with. 

B319BB6B-819F-41F7-B421-43C8E135A861.jpeg

4 hours ago, BoatSquirrel said:

Hey Thunder- is there any word of them ever doing a bigger version?

I’m afraid I’m not at liberty to answer that question. Just follow them on IG. Usually hints are dropped well before any new hard bait will be put on the market. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/24/2022 at 10:59 AM, SVT THUNDER said:

I was throwing prototypes for about a year prior to these hitting the market. Even without eyes and paint, It was catching bass. As mentioned above, you cannot blow the bait out. It runs true at all speeds. Once they hit the market, I painted mine. In the summer evenings, I burn it just under the surface leaving a wake and get bit. 

Most of the year, I’m fishing it above submerged grass or even letting it sink into the top and ripping it out almost like most would use a lipless bait for. Caught my first swimbait bass this year on mine doing just that. 

The bait also has a tight thump that you can feel in the rod as you swim it. I just toss mine on a flipping rod with 16# Sniper fluoro and haven’t had any issues. Since I was tossing blanks, I added my own splits and hooks until I found what I liked the best. But I also helped with R&D on the glide and really like the braided assist hooks. 

Overall, it’s a versatile bait that anyone can pick up and catch with. 

B319BB6B-819F-41F7-B421-43C8E135A861.jpeg

Saw your write-up on TW, good info.

6-inch versions still fully stocked on TW for anyone interested.