Thanks SU!

danthefisherman

Dedicating my 5000th post to say thank you to the @swimbaitunderground crew and community for the continued effort in maintaining this forum as a platform for anglers to connect, learn from each other, keep up to date on latest news, and share in the common pursuit of big bass.

I still remember stumbling upon Swimbait Underground through a Google search back in early 2015 when Swimbait Nation closed down. I was just starting to dive deeper into fishing swimbaits and was frantically trying to find a new space to learn and ask questions. SU was exactly what I was looking for.

I especially want to thank all the seasoned members who took the time to answer share their insights with me back in the day, even if that meant to point me to the search bar.

The Grassroots section fanned the creative flame within me, and even though my early swimbaits looked terrible being the broke kid that I was…other builders came alongside to help me improve and develop my skills.

To top that off, one member saw that my brother and I barely had any gear and started a Christmas raffle to buy us our first swimbait sticks. A handful of other members rallied behind this to also donate reels and a few of our very first legit swimbaits…all items that we could not afford to buy. I will never forget this.

It’s because of this community aspect that I have stuck around and really started to develop that love for swimbaits and pursuing bigger fish. What’s crackin’ when I’m not swimbaiting? I’m probably browsing SU or building baits…and it’s all you guys’ fault :lol:

Thanks SU!

Dan

Can't say it any better so I'll just second, and add: as other replies before me stated, Dan you're a big part of the value this site provides. I can only hope as I become more knowledgeable and experienced I'll give a fraction of what you've given back to the community. Cheers, brother, and God bless. 

Thank you all very much for the kind words. I don’t claim to even be a very good fisherman, but you guys and gals help keep that flame burning inside and inspire me to keep grinding till my arms fall off. I have learned a lot from participating in this forum and do what I can to share from my own limited experience…thanks for letting me be a part of it! ;)