Hinkle rod

Swimbaiting pnw

I have a maker and everything setup I just have a question about a blank, im looking to get a blank specifically to fish the hinkle trout, looking for somthing around 8ft, definitely not overpowering or anything I want to be able to set the hook on a hinkle and not rip it out of its face but not also so parabolic so it’s a "Not Allowed" to cast, any blank recamendations?

7 hours ago, Bassmann86 said:

If you were looking for a production rod I would have said Megabass TS78X+ king of baccarat. Maybe try to figure out what nfc blank leviathan uses on their omega XXH? 

I think the Omega XXH is probably a musky blank from NFC, something like this one. Not sure if they have custom tapers made by NFC but the lure rating and action matches.

• 2 weeks later...

The XP 908 made launching and fishing my Hinkle Trout absolutely fun. But it’s 9’ and it seems like you want an 8’ and have a maker lined up already. Personally…after watching the man’s videos and knowing the members who are using his rods, if I had the cash and wanted a custom swimbait rod made, I’d be getting a Nameless Customs rod built. 

Aaaand I just realized this thread is almost two weeks old lol. But I stand by what I said. 

16 hours ago, SVT THUNDER said:

The XP 908 made launching and fishing my Hinkle Trout absolutely fun. But it’s 9’ and it seems like you want an 8’ and have a maker lined up already. Personally…after watching the man’s videos and knowing the members who are using his rods, if I had the cash and wanted a custom swimbait rod made, I’d be getting a Nameless Customs rod built. 

Aaaand I just realized this thread is almost two weeks old lol. But I stand by what I said. 

The 908 definitely would make light work of a hinkle, also after the very first release they actually made them 8’9”, I think I measured it once to see. The 867 is 8’6” though. 

• 1 month later...