Rod and reel suggestion

Swimbait freak

So I’m looking to pick myself up a new Swimbait set up I’m looking for something that can hold 12 ounces and is able to throw all types of Swimbaits on it glides wakes, swimmers, etc. And for reel what do you think is the best 300 size reel out there? Any suggestions would be very helpful thanks.

Free yourself and start building your own rods.  You can buy the same components as the leviathan swimbait rods. Northfork composites blanks and fuji alconite guides are what they use.  The NFC SWB809 blank can handle up to 16oz.  Or you can just buy the leviathan XXH.  Tranx 400 for a 12oz bait.

But what you are describing is almost 2 rods.  Anything throwing a 12oz bait isnt throwing anything smaller than a deps 250.  Im about to build a rod similar to the leviathan XH for around $120.  NFC runs sales all the time, just figure out what you want and pounce on it when the go.  Their blanks are cheaper when you buy 3 blanks, so plan for it.  Or go in with some friends to maximize the discount.

If you are throwing swimbaits you are probably going to be fishing for life, so its a smart way to get top shelf gear for a fraction of the cost.  The NFC xray blanks are insanely light.  My jerkbait rod weighs 3oz. 

Tatula 300 is more than enough reel for what you described. Holds plenty of line, lots of drag, lots of gear options and comes with a big handle. As for rods, Nef xxh and Nameless 868 is all I can speak on from first hand experience. Both make great products and both guys are great to work with.