How Fish Behavior Correlates With Moon Phases

Dhuff11

My home lake is tough during the days of a full moon, because they are feeding at night.   Some of my best days ever have been at night when the moon is so bright you could read a newspaper.    Throwing a strong red pattern Slammer

Tried to take notes on catches and moon phases for the last couple seasons and it’s personally done nothing for me. Maybe it’s my waters, or fish but it hasn’t had an effect on if I’m getting bites. With the relatively short season where I live and life obligations, I just go out whenever I can, day or night and enjoy it. Try not to get too wrapped up in it I say,  and just fish. 

ideally for me I try and target the new moon with a 5 days on each side. those have always been the best times for me for fresh or salt 

full moon is epic if and when the moon is out and its cloudy, like super cloudy, or get out before the moon rises over the tree line if its clear. 

but that's in an ideal world, with life, work, family etc. I go when I can. 

regardless of what you find you find, each year will be different, some places produce big fish for a number of years and then have bad years, and there's so many factors involved overall its tough to pin point it to the moon, definitely a good tool to have and use to your advantage when you can. 

moonsu.png

I never really pay attention to moonphases because I fish when I can. BUT if I look back on my 2 or 3 best nights, it was around the full moon. 

Some people love the jew moon but I've always done terrible around new moon