Do you throw an MS Slammer?

thehickorykid

MS Slammer Throwers Poll  

49 members have voted

1. 1. Which is better 2 piece or 3 piece MS Slammer?

• 2 piece (1 joint)
    • 3 piece (2 joint)

16 minutes ago, Mossypumpkin said:

I think 147 with the eel I have coming

dude... holy ish.. 147 is nutty. have they noticeably changed over the years? I see youre from up north like me, your success makes me want to scoop one now haha. dark blue 3 piece worth buyin?

16 minutes ago, Ipleadthefish2 said:

Nor should you... I really think it's great.  Are they mostly different? 

Yup. It’s actually hard to find an exact double with the same month and year. Like I have prob 10 Shad’s but different years and customs paints and what not

16 minutes ago, thehickorykid said:

dude... holy ish.. 147 is nutty. have they noticeably changed over the years? I see youre from up north like me, your success makes me want to scoop one now haha. dark blue 3 piece worth buyin?

I would go with trout or Shad personally. Perch is good too as well as gill. But trout is hard to beat. No real changes over the years. Some people think the older ones are different but not really. They change with each batch I think

9 minutes ago, Mossypumpkin said:

I would go with trout or Shad personally. Perch is good too as well as gill. But trout is hard to beat. No real changes over the years. Some people think the older ones are different but not really. They change with each batch I think

good to know, thanks man

I think that one of the biggest myths of slammer fishing is that the 7” is a good place to start. From my experience, which I’m sure is different from other places in the country, is that I get more bites on the 9”. And of course more big fish. In fact, if I had to choose one for getting bites, I’d pick the Large over the 7”. I’ve had 20-30 fish days on the Large. That all being said, I don’t fish the 7” much at all. But the 9” is an absolute slayer. I would fish head to head with a 9” slammer against anyone with any other bait, almost any time of year. 

• 3 weeks later...