1 and 2 pc Rats

J-rod

Ive been trying to get these 1 and 2pc rats done. Dealing with a lot of body roll in the 2pc. Looking at carving up another one with a 45 degree joint and see the difference in action. Any advice to get the body roll to not be as bad would be appreciated.

IMG_3958.jpg

IMG_8054.jpg

17 minutes ago, Big Epp said:

Looking good! Not sure the best way to reduce roll, but I've noticed it most when I use a single loop for the joint. Other than adding a second loop I'm not sure how to reduce it. Hopefully someone jumps in with more wisdom!

I may try and do 2 screw eyes in the joint with a smaller diameter loop and see how the action changes. It will be interesting to see the difference in how they swim 

As @Big Epp mentioned, having a 2-point joint connection may help reduce body roll. Also a steeper lip angle might help, although this would make the bait try to dive more. Something you might also try is putting the line tie on the nose.

But I’ve never made a rat so what do I know :lol:

4 hours ago, Jinxd12 said:

move the line tie location up to remove the body roll. 

and the lip needs to be 1/4" or more closer to the line tie to reduce the body roll. Hard to give exacts when I don't know exacts. I would be inclined to move the lip forward first if it's going to be a true wake.