Bass pro shops and Huddleston...

Mattyboy45

So I can't help myself but stop in there every so often to fill my window shopping void. I've noticed lately that their swim bait selection is getting smaller and smaller. Now I'm all about buying in person not online. Can't believe that's it's all of maybe a half and aisle. I was also looking for some hudds and they said that they're out right now because the owners are going through a divorce... Any factuality to this?

Not sure but I'm still waiting on a returned hudd weedless 8" that didnt swim right and it's going on a year now. Called and talked to him a couple times. Few emails still nothing

wow :shock:

Its just people who dont know what they are talking about. They have been saying that for years. Its hard enough at this time for him to keep up let alone BPS orders. They have gone as far as saying he's going out of business lol. Ken doing fine and working hard.

Thats what i was thinking as well, I always ask shops around me when they will recieve more items and they always come up with some eloborate story about how they cant seem to get them in or get ahold of them to get more baits and what not. And not quite sure how it would be hard for BPS to get a hold of huddleston seeing as BPS is huge and would probably put in a huge order that im sure huddleston would be quite happy about :lol:

So I can't help myself but stop in there every so often to fill my window shopping void. I've noticed lately that their swim bait selection is getting smaller and smaller. Now I'm all about buying in person not online. Can't believe that's it's all of maybe a half and aisle. I was also looking for some hudds and they said that they're out right now because the owners are going through a divorce... Any factuality to this?

Let me guess, you were told this at bass pro in Mesa?

I received the same story last week.

The employee claimed to know ken personally, but I don't think they have any idea what they are talking about.

You can get them from Sportsmens warehouse or liars Korner.

The hookup probably has them in stock as we'll but I'd call first.

The employee claimed to know ken personally, but I don't think they have any idea what they are talking about.

Lol that's not the only BPS then :lol:

Ya that's the bps. Their selection of swimbait is very slim Pickens too, and it was a lady who told me that. It's no the first time I had heard the rumor though. I'd like to go somewhere and find a nice selection in stock.

So I work at bass pro in the fishing department. Maybe you've seen me I'm the only Asian guy working in the department lol. I've only been working there for 6 months and the whole time we have not carried hudds I wish we did. Everytime I ask about it to my co workers they tell me that ken was going through a divorce and he ended his contract with us to limit the amount of money his wife got. I'm not positive if this is true but Ive heard it from pretty much everyone that works in the department. I've been trying to push for them to get more swimbaits. Hopefully we start picking more up.

So I work at bass pro in the fishing department. Maybe you've seen me I'm the only Asian guy working in the department lol. I've only been working there for 6 months and the whole time we have not carried hudds I wish we did. Everytime I ask about it to my co workers they tell me that ken was going through a divorce and he ended his contract with us to limit the amount of money his wife got. I'm not positive if this is true but Ive heard it from pretty much everyone that works in the department. I've been trying to push for them to get more swimbaits. Hopefully we start picking more up.

Yeah you should push harder because they literally have nothing. There were a few rago line throughs, some bbz1s, a bunch of storm crap bait, and savage gear. There is no real quality stuff there. I'm just going there from now on for small stuff. If I see you next time I'll say what's up.

Bass Pro Shop is a joke and has been for quite a few years. It seems that their game is to carry a great product, make sure the sales potential is high, and then copy the bait, rebrand it with their label, and sell it for the same price while discontinuing the original product. I quit shopping with them years ago. Even their pricing isn't very competitive on most items I've researched. You can almost always find it cheaper with a quick Google shopping search.

Thank goodness for places like Tackle Warehouse!!! I would have to guess that about 60% of my purchases are now through them and the rest is split between classified sections on forums and private lure makers like Huddleston, Hiroshima Customs, 3:16 Lure Co., etc.