Bass pro shops and Huddleston...

Mattyboy45

Bass Pro Shop is a joke and has been for quite a few years. It seems that their game is to carry a great product, make sure the sales potential is high, and then copy the bait, rebrand it with their label, and sell it for the same price while discontinuing the original product. I quit shopping with them years ago. Even their pricing isn't very competitive on most items I've researched. You can almost always find it cheaper with a quick Google shopping search.

Thank goodness for places like Tackle Warehouse!!! I would have to guess that about 60% of my purchases are now through them and the rest is split between classified sections on forums and private lure makers like Huddleston, Hiroshima Customs, 3:16 Lure Co., etc.

+1

I don't really go to BPS much anymore. I may get some line there if I absolutely need it. Other than that, I use the TW link from SU, buy from lure companies or mom and pop tackle shops up North (Wisconsin and Michigan). They have some of the coolest stuff. I love those hidden gems. You never know what you are going to find!

So I work at bass pro in the fishing department. Maybe you've seen me I'm the only Asian guy working in the department lol. I've only been working there for 6 months and the whole time we have not carried hudds I wish we did. Everytime I ask about it to my co workers they tell me that ken was going through a divorce and he ended his contract with us to limit the amount of money his wife got. I'm not positive if this is true but Ive heard it from pretty much everyone that works in the department. I've been trying to push for them to get more swimbaits. Hopefully we start picking more up.

I've talked to you a time or two ;)