DOUBLE UP 5's aka Double Dragon snapped MegaBass OROCHI Leviathan

BassInterceptor

Thinking those Decoy Quads Helped me Out. When reeling these 2 TWINS in, another 5 and huge PEACOCK was trying no NIP at the Explorer Gill. It was a freakin MOSH pit. This don't happen often, and I would love to get the conversation started as to why/when BASS or any FISH for that matter are at their most FIRED UP Point. FEEDING SPAWNING WHATEVER... THIS WAS SPRING FLORIDA FULL MOON, 7:30 AM

Very cool. Not sure other then them feeding. I had 3 on and when I flipped them into the boat one came off, it was May 8th.

One day about a month ago had a smaller fish on and 2 very large fish was trying to take the bait from the smaller fish. But would not hit the bait after so that was very odd to me as they wanted it.

Edited by bassbass

Man your edits are dope. Nice freakin catch too!

only time I’ve personally experienced the feeding frenzy action was a 7 lber I caught and when I got her in close there 4-5 other fish similar size all trying to eat it out of her mouth. I think the other fish get em fired up too like a competition over a meal so to speak.

I know satan shimada (jdm angler behind the balam 300) uses the 8 trap method specifically to imitate his bait chasing another smaller fish in an attempt to create that feeding frenzy sort of reaction in the followers he gets, pretty cool!

On 4/11/2023 at 6:05 PM, BassInterceptor said:

Thinking those Decoy Quads Helped me Out. When reeling these 2 TWINS in, another 5 and huge PEACOCK was trying no NIP at the Explorer Gill. It was a freakin MOSH pit. This don't happen often, and I would love to get the conversation started as to why/when BASS or any FISH for that matter are at their most FIRED UP Point. FEEDING SPAWNING WHATEVER... THIS WAS SPRING FLORIDA FULL MOON, 7:30 AM

As always, you're in the damn trenches of the glades sticking got dam pigs...  This one was exceptional...embracing the suck and finishing the job.  Sorry about your rod, what ended up being the replacement?

1 hour ago, scojangles said:

As always, you're in the damn trenches of the glades sticking got dam pigs...  This one was exceptional...embracing the suck and finishing the job.  Sorry about your rod, what ended up being the replacement?

The rod snap was just part of the experience of this amazing catch. Wouldn’t have it any other way. I need a workhorse rod for jungle missions, and I have an iRod XL Swim collecting dust. I’m just gonna roll with that for the time being. It’s a little on the stiff side, so we will see how that goes.