Traveling Gill Glide

Jinxd12

Now I’ve put in some time with it I’ll give my thoughts. At first I questioned the tall profile of the bait and thought it looked like a pancake.

The bait is actually quite versatile. It is super stable and can chop and burn without any problem. The glide can be a little quirky but throw some slack at it and it has a killer slow glide. The bait is a slow float which I didn’t like at first but came to really appreciate. I got a few bites twitching it on the surface and working it like a wakebait. I also got bit pitching it into trees and stalling it in the openings. It thumps hard on a burn/straight retrieve which I could see working well in low light conditions. I don’t know of another bait with this size and profile that can do all these things.

The profile turned out not to be an issue even for my dinky Maryland fish. I did miss a few bites but no more than I normally would on a hard bait. I connected with a few ranging  from 1-5lbs. I interacted with 2 fish in the 6-7lb class that didn’t quite commit. For the short time I’ve had the bait I am very impressed. 

IMG_3331.thumb.jpeg.66177b238679f6ee4735394db68fb373.jpegIMG_3418.thumb.jpeg.45cef9faae112d2ab73569d9f2354a00.jpegIMG_3373.thumb.jpeg.39b1465bbcc1f727111e2798596b88ad.jpegIMG_3344.thumb.jpeg.826b029f01f9efbf942f3f72cbca7cd2.jpeg

IMG_3357.jpeg

4 hours ago, Fried Lemons said:

Now I’ve put in some time with it I’ll give my thoughts. At first I questioned the tall profile of the bait and thought it looked like a pancake.

The bait is actually quite versatile. It is super stable and can chop and burn without any problem. The glide can be a little quirky but throw some slack at it and it has a killer slow glide. The bait is a slow float which I didn’t like at first but came to really appreciate. I got a few bites twitching it on the surface and working it like a wakebait. I also got bit pitching it into trees and stalling it in the openings. It thumps hard on a burn/straight retrieve which I could see working well in low light conditions. I don’t know of another bait with this size and profile that can do all these things.

The profile turned out not to be an issue even for my dinky Maryland fish. I did miss a few bites but no more than I normally would on a hard bait. I connected with a few ranging  from 1-5lbs. I interacted with 2 fish in the 6-7lb class that didn’t quite commit. For the short time I’ve had the bait I am very impressed. 

IMG_3331.thumb.jpeg.66177b238679f6ee4735394db68fb373.jpegIMG_3418.thumb.jpeg.45cef9faae112d2ab73569d9f2354a00.jpegIMG_3373.thumb.jpeg.39b1465bbcc1f727111e2798596b88ad.jpegIMG_3344.thumb.jpeg.826b029f01f9efbf942f3f72cbca7cd2.jpeg

IMG_3357.jpeg

Awesome! Good fish dude!

50 minutes ago, Swimbait freak said:

Didn’t catch anything but really enjoyed using this bait I do plan on getting one in the future, but the bait  has been shipped to the next person

Appreciate you fishing it!

Got out today fished for nothing but a sunburn until sunset. Right before I left I had an absolute unit of a fish follow it in and hit right at my feet. Hooked up for a second but in the end she threw it on a headshake. A few tears were shed. I am going to try and get at least a fish this week and then it will be on to my brotha @Tpreston. What a dope bait. 

• 2 weeks later...