Buyee Reviews?

Oly25

I buy on there all the time with no issues, essentially it’s Japanese eBay. PayPal for all the transactions so you’re covered there. 

shipping is crazy fast even if you select the standard and not the “ship direct” like 3-4 days to Rhode Island, ship direct is like 2 days. 

tons of insane deals. I buy all my conquest off there, $300-375 for brand new conquest 300 and 400s. Killer deals on baits and stuff

only issue I’ve had is that the oil for the reel is “forbidden item” and they’ll ask you if you want the item removed and discarded or the whole order returned. I have them throw away the oil! Besides that minor hiccup no issues  

lots of stick jdm baits for way less than us retail or flippers

some stuff is hard to find cause of how it’s listed 

like if you search “ghost” or “drt ghost” you’ll get different results so if you’re looking for something specific try a few different titles for the best results. Easy enough once you get the hang of it and see how things are listed 

If you have any other questions let me know 

1 hour ago, Oly25 said:

I’ve been looking to make a couple purchases on Buyee recently and wanted to see if any users had review. Did some basic research but heated to see others people’s experiences through the site! 

Glad someone asked this cuz I was just about to make this post!!

Keep note that if you plan to buy rods, shipping prices will always vary. Sometimes your hit with 60 dollars and other times you get hit with 200 dollars. Depends on the seller, region in Japan, rod length, tube weight, and other factors.

I have purchased a few TK's on there, they came within 2-3 days after they shipped from Tokyo area to MN.  So the shipping is super fast and not too steep considering that.  I've found at least for certain colored TK's  you'll be paying about 150-175 after the cost of shipping for that bait specifically.  I've also looked at other brands and baits on there and, like @chefchris said, they are super discounted and often new same with reels.  Buyee is awesome....you kinda gotta stay on it and switch up your searches a bunch but it's easy enough to get the hang of.

6 hours ago, chefchris said:

I buy on there all the time with no issues, essentially it’s Japanese eBay. PayPal for all the transactions so you’re covered there. 

shipping is crazy fast even if you select the standard and not the “ship direct” like 3-4 days to Rhode Island, ship direct is like 2 days. 

tons of insane deals. I buy all my conquest off there, $300-375 for brand new conquest 300 and 400s. Killer deals on baits and stuff

only issue I’ve had is that the oil for the reel is “forbidden item” and they’ll ask you if you want the item removed and discarded or the whole order returned. I have them throw away the oil! Besides that minor hiccup no issues  

lots of stick jdm baits for way less than us retail or flippers

some stuff is hard to find cause of how it’s listed 

like if you search “ghost” or “drt ghost” you’ll get different results so if you’re looking for something specific try a few different titles for the best results. Easy enough once you get the hang of it and see how things are listed 

If you have any other questions let me know 

Been thinking of checking out Buyee for fishing gear and some other stuff as well. How expensive is the shipping though? If I were to buy something that was like $14, would the shipping be like $50? Haha, and any baits I see are all auctions and are way more than usual. Maybe I’m not looking in the right spots!

21 minutes ago, WUMFL said:

Been thinking of checking out Buyee for fishing gear and some other stuff as well. How expensive is the shipping though? If I were to buy something that was like $14, would the shipping be like $50? Haha, and any baits I see are all auctions and are way more than usual. Maybe I’m not looking in the right spots!

Shipping is like $12-30 bucks depending on item