Swimbait dimples

eDUBz

I just open poured my own swimbait it’s fairly big 7” and it’s thick. I made a mold from Alumilite, will an aluminum open pour mold on a heating source solve this issue ?  I’m trying to get it nice and smooth 

IMG_9170.jpeg

I havent used one personally but i know alot of guys use vacuum chambers. I see the bait has alot of bubbles. Try letting the plastic sit for a bit bfore pouring to allow the bubbles to dissipate

Unless you are trying to sell, dont worry about it, the fish won't!

I was getting dents in my craws until I heated the plastic a bit more. Maybe it needs additional heat to make sure everything is the same temperature for pouring, no cold spots from/during heating

Edited by Jinxd12

1 hour ago, WaterWolf44 said:

I havent used one personally but i know alot of guys use vacuum chambers. I see the bait has alot of bubbles. Try letting the plastic sit for a bit bfore pouring to allow the bubbles to dissipate

That’s flake 

It's been a while since I've messed around with pouring soft baits, but I have heard that dimpling could be caused by the plastisol cooling too rapidly. Adding a heating source under the mold may help. You could also try pouring the plastisol at a cooler temp/heating the mold before pouring to try decreasing the speed of cooling. Again, I'm not an expert when it comes to plastisol, but I have had some success using the methods mentioned...