Strangest thing's you've came across while fishing?

colbypearson

ok so early spring I head out with a buddy to chase some walleye at night on his boat....we enter a large cove with bluff walls on both side as we make our way around a bend in the back of the cove we see a guy who looks like Ron Jeremy taking pics of this chick photo shoot style..as we get closer we notice she is missing her bikini top :P ....so we both look at each other like w..t...f... as we both wait for her to notice us and cover up quicky to our surprise she notices us and she could care less :shock:

as I look at her I say to my buddy "a bro how old does she look to you?"

he said "man now that we are closer she looks like maybe shes 16" :o

so we pull up the tm and fire the big motor and turn around and I look at him and say "maybe we should call the rangers cuz that ish looked suspect"

so we called it in and told them we thought the girl was young..i felt like a perv cuz I was looking before I realized she had to be young

had a run in with a mink last week while bank fishing.......its a liitle fury f$cker just like a black weasel, well i thought he looked harmless so i followed it around later that evening with my phone trying to get a picture... bad idea. they have poor eyesight like a skunk and i was able to sneek up to about 10' from it and before i knew it that little bastard exploded into a ball of screaming,lightning fast teeth and claws ! and it blasted through that 10' of cattails in about 1/2 seconds time and stopped on the tip of my shoe! needless to say my buddy fishing with me was yelling( brad you ok? ) ..... it was a freightning event. scared the sh$t out of me ! i had no idea how vicious a mink could get until then, THEY ARE MEAN ! lmao, you will not catch me f$cking around with weasels,minks, otters ferrets or anything like that--- ill put it this way....ive broke-up pitbull fights with my bare hands before with less fear than that little fury freak gave me in a split second! lol dont tease minks !!!

So I'm fishing this private boy Scott lake a the top of this mountain.i am friends with the director of the camp and he gives me the code to the gate to dive up. It's like a 10 minute ride to the top and that area is a big hiking mountain with lots of trails. It's like 3-5 miles to the top. So on my way up I pass these two European dudes hiking. I don't think any thing of it get to the top unload my gear head to this cove and start chucking big baits.about a half hour later after a couple fish. Here comes the two dudes. They don't say anything. They walk right past me to the other side of the lake strip down butt ass naked and start swimming about 20 yards from where I'm casting. No suits no towels swim for about 15 minutes then get out to dry in the sun get dressed and leave. I was like WTF!

So I'm fishing this private boy Scott lake a the top of this mountain.i am friends with the director of the camp and he gives me the code to the gate to dive up. It's like a 10 minute ride to the top and that area is a big hiking mountain with lots of trails. It's like 3-5 miles to the top. So on my way up I pass these two European dudes hiking. I don't think any thing of it get to the top unload my gear head to this cove and start chucking big baits.about a half hour later after a couple fish. Here comes the two dudes. They don't say anything. They walk right past me to the other side of the lake strip down butt ass naked and start swimming about 20 yards from where I'm casting. No suits no towels swim for about 15 minutes then get out to dry in the sun get dressed and leave. I was like WTF!

Sounds like you were on the Oregon trail :lol:

So anyone who night fishes a lot knows thats a peak time to be subjected to some eery ish......

I was night fishing at a local lake, it had been a slow night but it was early Fall and there was quality biting. My first spot I stuck one well over 6 on a jig, boat flipped it and was surprised it was such a nice fish, it was about 11pm, kept fishing caught a dink, hooked another large fish I tried boat flipping twice, and failed both times, it was BIG. Grabbed the net and it jumped and shook my bait and was gone.

I was really stoked to have hooked two great fish in such a short period of time so motored over to a flat and started fishing a deep water entry point, from shallow to deep, with a 6'' Osprey in bluegill. I remember I was catching fish almost every cast, all quality 3-5lb fish, it was a blast cast slow roll, thunk, flip, throw back. I caught a nicer fish a little over 5 and it slowed down a little bit. I night fish without any lights on my boat if I'm the only one on the lake, it just helps me stay focused and adjusted to the dark, I don't like using light of any kind besides flash for my pictures. So it's safe to say noone can see me out on the water on a moonless night like that night.

I usually look up at the mountains and the sky, watching for shooting stars or crazy locals in the woods....... I look clear across to the end of the lake, and see a lighter flick, assumed it was the usual local pothead and kept doing what I was doing....

A while later I saw the lighter flick again, a ways down the bank closer to me, I tracked the lighter all the way around the lake, it was into the AM hours by now, and as it got closer I quit fishing to observe..... Right on the bank near me is some lights, on some houses, and I can see someone walking down the road the opposite way toward the guy with the lighter...

The guy with the lighter rounded the corner and met the other guy, oddly enough it seemed as though it was a pre-arranged meeting in the early hours of the morning, still pitch black........

I heard them start talking and began making out some of their words...... I heard something along the lines of information having to do with "Cops", "Setting a trap", "Trapping someone" etc...... I was definitely rattled, debating if I should call the cops to save someone from getting kidnapped, or hurt in a "trap"?..

Then they walked closer to the lake, and not joking here.... Started moving sheets of corrugated aluminum, in my head I was imagining they had dug a hole planned to put the aluminum over it then cover it with leaves... I was tripping out by now, completely alone on the pitch black lake..... The noise stopped and both the men walked back in the direction the second guy was walking.

I assumed it was whatever and started fishing again, then no joke, I heard a kid (sounded 13-16) yelling.... "I don't want to be here anymore"....Talking to himself extremely loudly in the dark, yelling "Mom!".... "Get me out of here!" "I hate it here I don't want to be here anymore"...... :shock:

I troll over toward where I heard him and loudly asked if there was someone who needed help up there.....

The response I got was pretty shocking, the same kid I heard replied "Mind your own fu**ing business!"..... I stood there in shock for a minute, thinking what this whiny little brat was bitching about in the middle of the night....

He was literally screaming to himself on a desolate bank of a lake about how "He didn't want to be here anymore"....5 minutes after I heard two dudes plotting their "Trap" and rustling around with sheets of aluminum.

As I stood there, the kid walked down to me and started talking, like I was some sort of counselor, talking about absolutely nothing that made any sense to me :?::!:

I asked him if he had heard the two men talking about trapping someone just a few minutes prior and he said no :o .

I ended the conversation and called it a night...... To this day I have no fricking idea what was wrong with the world that night, but I trip out over it to this day.

And in the final plot twist, Colby was that kid, duh duh duuuuuh....

So anyone who night fishes a lot knows thats a peak time to be subjected to some eery ish......

I was night fishing at a local lake, it had been a slow night but it was early Fall and there was quality biting. My first spot I stuck one well over 6 on a jig, boat flipped it and was surprised it was such a nice fish, it was about 11pm, kept fishing caught a dink, hooked another large fish I tried boat flipping twice, and failed both times, it was BIG. Grabbed the net and it jumped and shook my bait and was gone.

I was really stoked to have hooked two great fish in such a short period of time so motored over to a flat and started fishing a deep water entry point, from shallow to deep, with a 6'' Osprey in bluegill. I remember I was catching fish almost every cast, all quality 3-5lb fish, it was a blast cast slow roll, thunk, flip, throw back. I caught a nicer fish a little over 5 and it slowed down a little bit. I night fish without any lights on my boat if I'm the only one on the lake, it just helps me stay focused and adjusted to the dark, I don't like using light of any kind besides flash for my pictures. So it's safe to say noone can see me out on the water on a moonless night like that night.

I usually look up at the mountains and the sky, watching for shooting stars or crazy locals in the woods....... I look clear across to the end of the lake, and see a lighter flick, assumed it was the usual local pothead and kept doing what I was doing....

A while later I saw the lighter flick again, a ways down the bank closer to me, I tracked the lighter all the way around the lake, it was into the AM hours by now, and as it got closer I quit fishing to observe..... Right on the bank near me is some lights, on some houses, and I can see someone walking down the road the opposite way toward the guy with the lighter...

The guy with the lighter rounded the corner and met the other guy, oddly enough it seemed as though it was a pre-arranged meeting in the early hours of the morning, still pitch black........

I heard them start talking and began making out some of their words...... I heard something along the lines of information having to do with "Cops", "Setting a trap", "Trapping someone" etc...... I was definitely rattled, debating if I should call the cops to save someone from getting kidnapped, or hurt in a "trap"?..

Then they walked closer to the lake, and not joking here.... Started moving sheets of corrugated aluminum, in my head I was imagining they had dug a hole planned to put the aluminum over it then cover it with leaves... I was tripping out by now, completely alone on the pitch black lake..... The noise stopped and both the men walked back in the direction the second guy was walking.

I assumed it was whatever and started fishing again, then no joke, I heard a kid (sounded 13-16) yelling.... "I don't want to be here anymore"....Talking to himself extremely loudly in the dark, yelling "Mom!".... "Get me out of here!" "I hate it here I don't want to be here anymore"...... :shock:

I troll over toward where I heard him and loudly asked if there was someone who needed help up there.....

The response I got was pretty shocking, the same kid I heard replied "Mind your own fu**ing business!"..... I stood there in shock for a minute, thinking what this whiny little brat was bitching about in the middle of the night....

He was literally screaming to himself on a desolate bank of a lake about how "He didn't want to be here anymore"....5 minutes after I heard two dudes plotting their "Trap" and rustling around with sheets of aluminum.

As I stood there, the kid walked down to me and started talking, like I was some sort of counselor, talking about absolutely nothing that made any sense to me :?::!:

I asked him if he had heard the two men talking about trapping someone just a few minutes prior and he said no :o .

I ended the conversation and called it a night...... To this day I have no fricking idea what was wrong with the world that night, but I trip out over it to this day.

And guys wonder why I CC everywhere. :lol:

I saw a dude dressed in drag cruising the service road of the Cape Cod Canal one night while striper fishing back in the day. Freaked me out, like he was Buffalo Bill from Silence of the Lambs.

I hooked into a 3-pound rat striper on a pitch-black outer beach of the Cape one night. I reeled him in, backed up on to the sand and unhooked him. I waded back out to release him and gave him a little toss back into the water. Within a second of the fish hitting the water, there was a giant boil/splash as the water exploded two feet in front of me. Scared the ish out of me. I don't know if it was a giant striper, seal, or shark but judging from the size of the disturbance, it was big. I looked at my buddy and we both slowly backed out of the water.

My buddy found a dead guy on a NJ jetty one night. Creepy.

Since I had been in the Army I had the opportunity to fish all over the country and have run across a few characters and craziness.

In Georgia, fishing the Altamaha river I watched a skinny Meth head and his fat ol' lady in a bright pink one piece swimsuit; backs his van and 70's trihull down to the bottom of the ramp with the radio blaring. Dude gets out and the whole shebang rolls the rest of the way into the water. Dude was going ape sh*t, ol' lady still in passenger seat is screaming bloody murder. Trailer and boat was dragging the back of the van down being helped by the current. Lady's shrill screams are being matched note for note with her ol' man and the radio. Dude runs around and opens the passenger door and pulls his ol' lady out. Well water start rushing in and filling the cab up, pulling down the van even more. Meanwhile the fat ol' lady in her bright pink swimsuit stumbles up to the top of the ramp with her hands on her hips cussing out her ol' man, ''you really f**ked up this time''. The radio goes silent the van still taking on water starts slipping below the surface, the only thing sticking out is the back and top of the van. The van had now turned almost 90 degrees to the ramp and was facing downstream. Well on those old vans is that little sunroof on the back, and you guessed it, water started doing the toilet bowl into the back filling up the rest of the van. Well it took an 18 wheeler wrecker to pull it out and had the ramp tied up for about three hours. Think I peed on myself a little from laughing at the comedy that unfolded.

Fishing that same stretch of river I had a water moccasin come up next to me with a big blue gill in its mouth, shake its head and start to swallow it down. That was pretty cool.

When I was stationed in Colorado fishing on the bank at dusk, I had a Beaver come up out of the water between my legs. Son of a "Not Allowed" came up to my knees. Scared the sh*t outa me.