Strangest thing's you've came across while fishing?

colbypearson

I was fishing a crankbait and felt a weight and reeled in a dead bird. Also ive had someone i was fishing with chased by a bull moose that swam all the way across the river to go at him. Ive also turned a corner to come face to face with a big black bear in the time of the year they usually have cubs. Scariest thing ever. We have a 160 acer ranch in montana thats the sickest place with a creek with wild german brown trout. I also have a tendency to catch sweatshirts. Ive caughten so many of those

• 3 weeks later...
My local lake is a complete ish hole... But there are some big bass so I fish it quite a bit. I was dragging a hudd and hooked a 40 ft extension cord.

Was there a toaster on the end of it ?

That would been better then a DD

No toaster guys :(

• 4 weeks later...

Fished a pond near my house one time and snagged a plastic bag with rocks in it. Thought it was weird that the bag was tied with a hair band. Took a nife and opened her up to find 2 empty ziplock bags. I note. Couldn't make out the words cause the ink blead out. A burnt up picture and a folded up $20 bill. Some weird ish.

• 2 weeks later...

im not one to go all supernatural and all but i have had some freaky ish at this one lake in particular, especially at night. went to this place with my buddy and fished the west end of the lake at around 1am, the water was low and the trees are usually hanging in the water but due to the low water they were out by about 10 feet with plenty of room to walk around on the bank. i made a couple casts at a rocky area with my pal and we decided to make a move down the shoreline, i told him that i was going to tie on a slower sinking hudd and he said ok. i was retieing and in the corner of my eye i noticed my friend walk behind a fallen tree and was going to jump out at me so i was preparing myself for a fright. walked past thee tree and looked into where he had walked, there was a dark spot that went back into the trees pretty far, it was pitch black in there. i was confused on what my buddy was doing so i called his name and he didnt answer so i said it again louder and i heard him reply a quarter of a mile down the cove! i asked him if he went to the bathroom or something that would have him walk into the trees but he said no! ISH

another time at this place i decided to go solo at 2am.... bad idea right at the start, it was a really weird night where there was no wind at all but i could see the clouds moving fast up above. i just fished a spot and decided to make a move and when i was walking i could feel the air having really warm pockets that came and went, walking along and i got a little bit of the smell of laundry and i was like what the heck there are no houses around here within miles! kept walking and i smelt it again but it was super strong like the smell you get when you walk into someones house you have never been to before, there is a distinct smell of the detergents and other sprays that every house has, but like i said there were no houses within miles!!! walked a little faster through the area and it was gone. decided to call it a night and headed back, in the exact same spot i smelt it again! strong like i was in a house! freaked the crap out of me because i never experienced it before not has anybody else ever had something similar happen! freaky ISH!!

Something we can all remember, during the government shutdown.

My dads buddy owns a concrete business that does large jobs, and was pouring concrete by a marina at lake Havasu in arizona during the shut down. im fishing on the bank because i tagged along, knowing i would be the only one fishing. Guy's backing the cement truck down the hill perpendicular to the boat ramp when his brakes fail...goes 40mph down hill, crashes through the barricade and hauls down the boat ramp (5:30 am, if the lake had been open many would have died most likely).

The truck hits the water at 50mph and drifts out about 60 feet, and 40 feet deep, driver inside, middle of november or december. He stays down there, cops show up, everyone is under the impression that this poor guy was long dead. 45 minutes after he went under he popped up to the surface, Alive! he stayed alive from the air left in the cab of the truck.

Ish literally had me thinking about life and death for weeks

• 3 months later...

Offshore fishing in the florida keys we came across some floating debris and it turned out to be a package type thing that was shrink wrapped. So we brought it in the boat and when we got back to the house in the keys we opened it up and it turned out to be like $15,000 worth of marijuana. Also my dads friend who grew up offshore fishing in south florida. In the 70's when cocaine was being run all over the place he came across a briefcase and brought it in the boat and took it home and it had $200,000 cash in it. So to cut the story short he had money drying all over his house :lol:

I got a few...

Fishing a local pond early in the morning, come across a guy sitting on a bucket and catching bluegill and sacalait. He starts talking to me but rambling and not making any sense. So I just smiled and nodded my head like i knew what he was saying. So he starts rambling again and all I hear is something about "come on". He stands up, grabs his bucket full of fish, and nods his head towards his truck and starts walking that way. I had no idea what to do so i just kept fishing. He comes back pissed off and yelling at me with a brown paper bag, still can't understand a word out of his mouth. He turns around and walks back. next thing i hear is the sound of tires squealing and he was gone. Still beats me to this day.

Another one, night fishing rats on a dock at a buddys camp on lake larto. A bowfishing boat comes hauling ass around the island and stops right across from where I'm fishing. Lights come on and the whole lake is lit up. Fast forward to like 2 hours later about 1 am, boat is still there in the same spot, lights still on. guy in the camp next door starts yelling at the boat and cussing them out. Boat turns the lights back off except for the 3 main lights and disappears. Weird

• 1 month later...

Was fishing a Local reservoir kinda a little secret spot a few months back, with really only 2 spots to hit from shore because of all the brush, I was just minded my business fishing I could see the other shore spot when a the sudden this old naked guy just walks down to the shore and looked like he was about to jump in the water, right when he got to the edge he noticed me and this look on his face like "oh sh%t", he waved like he wasn't doing anything or butt naked and just darted off. tripped me out for sure, I'm kinda in the sub urbs see a naked old guy walking around in our somewhat wilderness areas is strange for sure!