HPH 8”

Dave

I hope I’m in the right forum. Last year I purchased two 8” HPH Gizzard Glides from Randall Kirkpatrick. Someone suggested I change the hooks out to Ryugi Quads. I haven’t got the baits to run right since. Then I read on SU that his baits are tuned with the hooks he put on them and I needed to replace the quads with the stock hooks. Problem is, I don’t know what hooks were on them originally. I’ve reached out to Randall but have been unable to make contact. Can anyone help me? Maybe someone that has the 8” HPH or has some knowledge in that regard. Thank you

Dave

11 hours ago, Dave said:

I hope I’m in the right forum. Last year I purchased two 8” HPH Gizzard Glides from Randall Kirkpatrick. Someone suggested I change the hooks out to Ryugi Quads. I haven’t got the baits to run right since. Then I read on SU that his baits are tuned with the hooks he put on them and I needed to replace the quads with the stock hooks. Problem is, I don’t know what hooks were on them originally. I’ve reached out to Randall but have been unable to make contact. Can anyone help me? Maybe someone that has the 8” HPH or has some knowledge in that regard. Thank you

Dave

You’ll get more replies in the underground forum

• 3 weeks later...

Probably had 1/0 ST36 on front and back. Should nose down a little when chopped. If it noses up go to a #1 ST36 on the rear.

Thats where I'd start, I know Randall did some tuned with st-56 a while back but I haven't seen any as of late.

Also with the cvid, he did go to gami magic eye trebs but I only know that for certain on the 6" versions.

Try out the 36's and see if that works. The ryugi are heavy and I know they'll throw his bait off tune