8” HPH

Dave

I hope I’m in the right forum. Last year I purchased two 8” HPH Gizzard Glides from Randall Kirkpatrick. Someone suggested I change the hooks out to Ryugi Quads. I haven’t got the baits to run right since. Then I read on SU that his baits are tuned with the hooks he put on them and I needed to replace the quads with the stock hooks. Problem is, I don’t know what hooks were on them originally. I’ve reached out to Randall but have been unable to make contact. Can anyone help me? Maybe someone that has the 8” HPH or has some knowledge in that regard. Thank you

about Randal not responding, because he has a lot on his plate right now, He replied me couple weeks ago about my larger order and he  really need time and space, I am pilling for him to get through and get back on normal schedule. About the hook I have no idea and ill leave it to other guys to help you with that.

14 hours ago, Dave said:

I hope I’m in the right forum. Last year I purchased two 8” HPH Gizzard Glides from Randall Kirkpatrick. Someone suggested I change the hooks out to Ryugi Quads. I haven’t got the baits to run right since. Then I read on SU that his baits are tuned with the hooks he put on them and I needed to replace the quads with the stock hooks. Problem is, I don’t know what hooks were on them originally. I’ve reached out to Randall but have been unable to make contact. Can anyone help me? Maybe someone that has the 8” HPH or has some knowledge in that regard. Thank you

Put it back the way he sent it to you and leave it alone.

His baits will come with no split ring, oval, split ring, or round split ring at the line the. Tie your line to what ever it came it.

Thanks to everyone that responded. The consensus is unanimous! I will put them back as they were tuned and came to me. I appreciate it very much and I look forward to catching my first on the HPH very soon. And I’ll have you guys to thank! And Randall!