Magdraft vs. Cull Shad vs . Zaldangerous swimbaits

Primus

It's quite disappointing to see Zaldain effectively copy the company that he left's design to nearly a tee. Berkely is a joke at this point so that's not surprising whatsoever, they have no shame in their game and have directly copied plenty of companies. I just find it to be disingenuous for Chris, who mind you grew up in the Cali swimbait scene, to put his name on a bait that he took from megabass and tweaked ever so slightly. He can do far far better than that, and then to claim that it took almost a year or whatever to conduct R & D is an outright joke. If it takes that long to realize that a magnet and a sleeve for a hook to slide is how to get a line through top hook then bass mafia is severely lacking in the engineering department and him in imagination. It outright pisses me off to see such negligence but what difference does it make to them anyways, they don't care about being genuine and your average angler will buy it because it has a name on it and a logo which to be fair is a smart business move. What happened to originality and progression in the industry, especially from someone who claimed to modify baits as a kid to get better results, where did the creativity go?

I agree for the most part on your take on with the Zaldangerous swimbait and while Berkley is known for ripping off other designs it seems to me that it is different enough for it to be judged on it's own merits . It's obvious in a similar lure category but there seem to be some significant differences especially with the honeycomb tail design . I'm looking forward to trying out the Berkley and seeing it does.