Recent Scammers

5 hours ago, Josh Short said:

Exactly! I mean heck if I am a scammer, I could make a computer program make as many posts as I want to and then take people's money! The whole removing PM from new users is a total line of BS. It will deter new users (Like me) from telling other people about the site. I had always heard this site was like some kind of "cult" anyways.. If they are going to set rules on new users apparently it needs done on old users as well since I see most of the "scammers" were sustained 1million post users. At least force people in the black market to post a price and not put in "DM" only.. 

Thank you for stopping bye….. have a nice  day. See ya! 

Edited by Mossyback Angler

SU hasnt been the same in the last 5+ years 

Baits constantly getting flipped to make a profit is about everything you see now and that's just welcoming people to scam.

Make a post, sell a bait for hundreds of dollars, never ship and disappear, its really as easy at that.

Hope it turns around one day

( its your bait and I don't give a "Not Allowed" what you do with it im just stating what im seeing hahah )

I refer people to this site when they start asking lots of Swimbait questions. It’s a treasure trove of information. But it also has the “hey lookit my collection of pristine, expensive baits I’ll never fish…wanna buy one for the price of a car?” component. That’s always been a factor. The trick is for people to be able to separate the solid information and good deals from the flippers and wannabe cool kids with too much of mom and dad’s $$$ and not enough common sense. 
In my opinion. 

On 5/23/2023 at 6:51 PM, Amistoad said:

For years I’ve said there shouldn’t be eBay style “make me offers” in the Black Market. You have a prove in mind? Ask it!

I’m opposed to there being any additional rules imposed by SU……but that doesn’t mean that there can’t be an unwritten agreement amongst members that we absolutely flood the inbox of sellers asking to pm offers on hype baits.  :-D

PS…..someone needs to start a swimbait escrow service for them high dollar transactions and trades.  

5 hours ago, tHeINFamoUS said:

I’m opposed to there being any additional rules imposed by SU……but that doesn’t mean that there can’t be an unwritten agreement amongst members that we absolutely flood the inbox of sellers asking to pm offers on hype baits.  :-D

PS…..someone needs to start a swimbait escrow service for them high dollar transactions and trades.  

Gah! Autocorrect changed “price” into “prove” in my rant. But you get the idea. I just don’t get why guys don’t ask the freakin’ price they want. 

• 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, claya said:

How do you become eligible to send DM's now?

Start at the beginning of the thread and read about 8 post down….that’s a start. Not saying that is the “rules”, by no means, but it’s a start and opinionated explanation. 
Just trying to help. 

Enjoy the forum. Hope that helps. 

Edited by Mossyback Angler