Tulala 711

DVick

Hey y’all , looking for any info on a Tulala 711 from anyone that has or have used one . Looking for action , handle length and weight class that this rod is good for . I have and use a bunch of deps huge customs and sidewinder rods . Been looking at getting something new and I like split grip rods . Thank you for any info provided . 

Is it the traditional model or the "G" model?

I've fished a few Tulala Monstruo models (but not the 711 model) and they're great. Very much so big bait rods and have a great taper and action. More parabolic than stiff but enough backbone to stick a weedless hook. I tossed a K9 on the 75 model for a while and caught plenty of fish on it. EXCELLENT rods.

Not the ‘ G ‘ model , the 21 Tulala 711 . Not much info out there on these rods here in the states . But good to know the 75 model severed you well for klash 9 . That’s exactly what I’m looking for info on with the 711 . Basically looking for a klash 9 rod 

i own an old 711, here is spec

●Action: RF
●Length (ft): 7'11"
●Folded Length (cm): 192.5
●Rear Grip Length (cm): 41.5
●Rod Wt. (g): 250
●Mono Line (lb ,MAX): ~30
●PE (# ,MAX): -
●Cast Wt. (g): 20~200

also i own the equivalent of newer tulala model "concept destruction 77HSC". both are in the 6oz range.

compared to the new model the 711 feels more dedicated to big swimbait, also a bit less comfortable to throw all day since it's heavier.

it's indeed a great rod but i would not bring with me for a daily session on the bank. did once the experience and my shoulder wasn't happy at all.

here is a video in japanese, but with a bit of luck subtitles will help you a bit, as you can see the guy shoot the klash9 into space effortlessly.

http://youtu.be/ebKydXxGFcU

• 3 weeks later...
On 6/12/2023 at 8:28 PM, bassjapan said:

i own an old 711, here is spec

●Action: RF
●Length (ft): 7'11"
●Folded Length (cm): 192.5
●Rear Grip Length (cm): 41.5
●Rod Wt. (g): 250
●Mono Line (lb ,MAX): ~30
●PE (# ,MAX): -
●Cast Wt. (g): 20~200

also i own the equivalent of newer tulala model "concept destruction 77HSC". both are in the 6oz range.

compared to the new model the 711 feels more dedicated to big swimbait, also a bit less comfortable to throw all day since it's heavier.

it's indeed a great rod but i would not bring with me for a daily session on the bank. did once the experience and my shoulder wasn't happy at all.

here is a video in japanese, but with a bit of luck subtitles will help you a bit, as you can see the guy shoot the klash9 into space effortlessly.

http://youtu.be/ebKydXxGFcU

How do you like the new 77 HSC? I have it as well and absolutely love it for nearly every hardbait I have thrown on it. 

• 3 weeks later...
On 7/4/2023 at 8:07 AM, Obtuse_Angler said:

How do you like the new 77 HSC? I have it as well and absolutely love it for nearly every hardbait I have thrown on it. 

crazy good rod indeed, i go often out with only the 77hsc and trow from swimbait to medium light soft bait. incredibly versatile as rod.