How long can a big swimbait last snagged underwater and still be usable?

BigBassLife133

You see, I was fishing a Deps 250 in one of my favorite pond systems and that was roughly in January. Now the water is warm enough to not pose a serious threat to myself, I can go dive after it. I just want to know if you guys would think it will be fishable once again after being in a pond for that long.

Thanks,

2 hours ago, Fishingthesoutheast said:

In this same boat just castes off a 250 in a pond about 2 days ago I remember almost the exact spot but the waters murky anyone know the best way to go about getting it back? I could cast net or dive.

I mean you could certainly let dive but I was thinking of fishing a rope threw the hole and tie an end knot, even melt it a bit if it’s a plastic rope so the magnet sits down. If it’s strong enough to hold up a flood light, it can pick up the hardware of the bait for sure.

they have these at Ace hardware btw

77956FEF-B2C4-40AB-AAF1-9266ED8DC932.jpeg

1 minute ago, BreadTooShred said:

I mean you could certainly let dive but I was thinking of fishing a rope threw the hole and tie an end knot, even melt it a bit if it’s a plastic rope so the magnet sits down. If it’s strong enough to hold up a flood light, it can pick up the hardware of the bait for sure.

they have these at Ace hardware btw

77956FEF-B2C4-40AB-AAF1-9266ED8DC932.jpeg

That's a good idea but honestly I might thru the cast net because it might not be worth buying something just to get a 250

2 minutes ago, Fishingthesoutheast said:

That's a good idea but honestly I might thru the cast net because it might not be worth buying something just to get a 250

If you got the cast net for sure! The magnet is only $12 and rope maybe 5-10.