Zillion HD vs Mago 003

Love my Zillion HD 1520SH. Plenty of line capacity to fish 20lb fluorocarbon or copoly. I don't think the new Zillion HD has as deep of a spool. The older Zillion does cast effortlessly and can fish as low as 0.5oz well. I use mine for up to 4oz baits. Very smooth under load.

Tbh I'm curious if the DRT flat Knobs I got from you can actually fit the stock handle. 

I have both. I really love my zillion, I bought an extra spool to swap line types on the fly so it is sort of my go to when I’m doing the 1 rod 1 reel thing, I also like the line uptake, I have the 6.3 which is around 28 ipt on the retrieve. It is a great reel and I dont have any major complaints about it.

all that being said I think the mago is a better built reel. I prefer the solid side plate lockup design and it feels like it has bigger/heavier gears. I also believe the spool holds a little more line while maintaining the 200 size form factor. The only reason I don’t like the mago is that it only comes in an “xg” I think it’s like 37-39 ipt on the retrieve which is just way faster than what I like to fish, however I think a lot of guys actually prefer higher ipt gear ratios and overall I think it’s a heavier duty reel than the zillion

Edited by brootalititties

I am very impressed with zillion HD (the 2018 model) , I got one from another member a 7.3:1, I use it for wake and cranks of 3oz-4oz, and I get a good cadence, and cast so far and smooth! I upgraded from a tatula 200HD, doesn’t have as much line capacity but it is not a problem for me.

I have the new zillion hd. Really like it but only use it for conventional as of now. I throw chatterbaits, deep cranks and smaller paddletails on it like Keitech 4.8. It casts those baits far. Not sure how it would do with 3-4oz stuff. Would love to hear feedback on guys who use the new one for those baits. I’m a shimano guy but the zillion hd is very very nice. 

I have the Ldc mh paired with the zillion hd it’s a money combo I throw the doomrider mainly on it and it’s quickly became my favorite combo I also fished the reel on a heavy Ldc and threw my hiro soft tail on it and I’m considering buying another zillion for it 

14 minutes ago, Mml420 said:

I have the Ldc mh paired with the zillion hd it’s a money combo I throw the doomrider mainly on it and it’s quickly became my favorite combo I also fished the reel on a heavy Ldc and threw my hiro soft tail on it and I’m considering buying another zillion for it 

Got my MH LD & Zillion in yesterday I was able to use the combo for a couple of hours & man does it bomb 2.5-3.5 oz lures. Absolutely loving it rn

Is that my Daiwa washer that you said you were going to send that you didn’t send ? You gonna just hop on the forum and brag about your reel when you sold someone a DRT handle but didn’t include all the parts , then when asked said you would send but never did . Bro thats hella crazy that you would screw over another member and then show up with the exact handle on a Daiwa . Lureflying across the pond is the kinda of guy that says he will do something and instead blocks your number and doesn’t send what you paid for and agreed . He has no problem when other do their part and pay the amount agreed but when it come to him having to what he agreed to he disappears . I don’t know about everyone on here but I for one understand that fishing forums work on trust and when that trust is broken here that’s a big deal .