What is the foam floating stuff in the WCZ Hangman kit?

Bloodkitty

If I wanted to try and diy something for a Tyrant I’d probably start with shaping a chunk of rigid closed cell urethane foam to fit the cavity and seeing how it performs. I’ve got some two part foam that’s a 15lb density and incredibly strong, but there’s a lot of lower density ones you can find that would be even more buoyant since strength isn’t really important here.

• 3 weeks later...

I've fished mine with the foam from the yoga block sealed inside. I tried to roughly cut the shape and size as similar as I could to what he showed in the rigging video. It does float the bait and tracks correctly with the appropriate amount of nail weights distributed (I currently have the two cheek and rear vent nails I think).              

It is a pretty slow grind floater - any more than a creep and it starts to blow out a bit and the weight of floro line with also drag it down a bit on the end of a long cast with my current iteration but it works as I wanted. You'll have to obviously play around with the size of the float and the nail weighting but it can be done.             

Now what I really need is suggestions for what can be used for those pins he uses to keep the hooks held down...