Swimbait lure retrivers

JohnMarino

What Walmart dept has an 8 oz ball? Was that in fishing? Not sure I've seen one there, but don't look for saltwater stuff much

Yes sir fishing department has them here, I live 5 hours from the coast so I'm not fully sure what they are for I'd assume its just a general wal-mart stocked item, but I could be wrong. I'd think they would be pretty readily available at most tackle shops that cater to big game fishing, catfishing, sturgeon etc...

Thanks I'm going to give it a try! I assume 100lb split rings and heavy duty saltwater snaps should do on it. I appreciate the write up, I'm going to hunt for those items tomorrow. I checked out Home Depot just now and they didn't have the chain.

Thanks I'm going to give it a try! I assume 100lb split rings and heavy duty saltwater snaps should do on it. I appreciate the write up, I'm going to hunt for those items tomorrow. I checked out Home Depot just now and they didn't have the chain.

They should have this chain it wouldn't make much sense they didn't its the stuff they use to get the valve in the toilet to open/close with the flush lever thing :lol: ... Home depot be slackin.

Theres other chain that would work but I like this specific type of chain because its shape and construction with the fold, creating more openings for hooks to get wedged into.

If you can't find the stuff PM me and I'll get some and ship it to you for free.

They should have this chain it wouldn't make much sense they didn't its the stuff they use to get the valve in the toilet to open/close with the flush lever thing :lol: ... Home depot be slackin.

Theres other chain that would work but I like this specific type of chain because its shape and construction with the fold, creating more openings for hooks to get wedged into.

If you can't find the stuff PM me and I'll get some and ship it to you for free.

I looked at a lot of different small chains that may have worked but all the links were much more open and seemed less likely to grab a hook. I used #9 split tongs for the chains and tried to get them to spread out around the weight as best I could. I don't know if its all that important though. Only thing I think I would do different is go with a 10 or 12 oz weight next time, just for a little more mass.

None of it has mattered so far, since I made this I can't hang up a bait if I try! :lol: I've thrown baits in the nastiest stuff and I haven't had the chance to try it yet. I'm sure it will get used at some point.

Just like any other lure that gives you confidence, having a few lure retrievers in the boat gives me confidence. It's a must because these tools that we use for fishing are $100-300 baits and you get bit more near cover and structure :lol: I have saved a few triple trouts, about 5 hudds, and I can't count how many Alabama rigs with basstrix on them. They pay for them selves.

I use this one http://www.tacklewarehouse.com/Daiwa_Lu ... e-DLR.html

And another one that basically has a heavy circle weight and two half treble hooks it pulls up the whole log lol.

You can also make a plug knocker with a 1oz weight and swivels

What kind do you use?

Use the Search lol

Screenshot_2013-12-07-15-42-51.png

I like the hound dog bait slips inside the rings and got hudds back 100% and even the slideswimmer once when I use the hound dog on the 250. Will buy another for backup

That's what I use. I had some small chain from an old mirror that I attached to it for snag-a-bility. I do wish it were heavier, tho.

Anyone ever use these from shore? Had to take a dip in the lake the other day definenetly dont want to do that again this season!

I was wondering the same thing..? anyone? I'd think you'd need the gravity from being above to knock it loose and get it to the lure..

Also thanks colby and john, going to whip one up.. i have all this stuff lying around in the garage from my father in law...score!!