Immortal Trout

StriperAddict

Yeah I bought one without any info or a swim vid so I guess it was a pretty big risk jumping on a $400 bait blind but so far Im glad I did.

That being said Ive only fished it a few hours this morning and didnt catch a fish but Im digging the action and feel its going to be a great bait for these river striper.

I changed hooks and rings to 120lb splits and size 1- 2x hooks since Im hoping for 20++ lb fish the stock hooks are dinky for the size bait. The hook hangers are swiveling and placed very far foward and to the rear of the bait not 100% sure how the hookup ratio will be for a T-bone strike but time will tell.

My water was 62-64 degrees and even with bigger hardware was still an XXS sink rate in my opinion. Obviously it looks great as all of his paint does. I have not fished a ton of multi joint baits but the action on this one is unique to me. I call it a glide swimmer. Like a fairly tight glide but very very fluid movement throughout the bait. It will shoot out pretty far on the pause at all speeds. I did a few burns and it didnt blowout but did get a bit of the roll to it which isnt bad for me. I was fishing it on a Dobyns champion 867 paired with a tatula 300 7.1:1. It wasnt bad to throw but was just lob casting not letting it rip like I will next time when I remember to put the 908 on the boat. But no spinning or helicopter as some say.

So for my first impression Im happy and looking foward to some more time with the bait and big fish in the near future.

You bought a $400 bait for Striper fishing? Seeeesh, you're crazy lol. TBH I think those dumb stripers will eat any glide bait. I've see 30 and 40 lbers being caught on sneaky Pete's, Swaver 200 and Savage Shine glide magnum. Stick a big one brotha, good luck!