Bait Protection

ShawnzeeD00d

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Here is exactly what I do after a trip. The boxes have holes drilled in the bottom, take the lid off and let them air out. I have never had any rust. If I was out on the boat in the rain all day I might dump the box and let's them dry like that. You can also put silica packets in if you are really worried about it.

image_zps0b9bfbdc.jpg

I usually get a special box designed for swimbaits....you can usually go to the shoe store and find em but they come with shoes in em. I toss the shoes and just use the box :lol:

I waste my time with other things instead of storage like figuring bites out

OH MAN..all those beautiful baits just tossed in NO hook guards !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You would cringe if you saw my box bill

+1, I do the same thing as seen in the pics minus the holes drilled in the bottom........

All my "nice" baits have had their fair share of rash, teeth, and whatever else slam them against. To me a beat up Slammer is a lot nicer than a brand new bait.

Hook guards? Whats that?! :lol: They are fishing lures not fine china. But honestly I do have hook guards on 2-3 of the baits at the bottom I got them free with on order and put them on stuff I rarely throw to keep them from getting tangled just a little.

Although I have never stabbed myself through the holes I dont for one second doubt that it will happen, especially to me haha

I usually get a special box designed for swimbaits....you can usually go to the shoe store and find em but they come with shoes in em. I toss the shoes and just use the box :lol:

Hahaha very nice. I tried to get on your #iceintheguides this weekend on my days off went out for almost two hours in 24 degree weather thought I was going to lose a thumb. The weather should clear up this week I plan on getting out there again. I have to put in my time.

+1 :D