Megabass Valkyrie World Expedition rod opinions

AkimbaLL704

I have a upcoming trip to Florida for a week and obviously I'm gonna throw some baits down there but I needed a new travel rod to do so. I was looking into the F5 mini mag but I saw megabass had these and thought they would fit my style a lot better. I was looking to buy the 7'11" XH and I would throw a 300 sized reel on there. if anybody has anything to say on them good or bad please let me know! thanks SU!

Megabass VALKYRIE WORLD EXPEDITION - Rods | Freshwater Rods

Edited by AkimbaLL704
forgot to add photo

3 hours ago, AkimbaLL704 said:

I have an upcoming trip to Florida for a week and obviously I'm gonna throw some baits down there but I needed a new travel rod to do so. I was looking into the F5 mini mag but I saw megabass had these and thought they would fit my style a lot better. I was looking to buy the 7'11" XH and I would throw a 300 sized reel on there. if anybody has anything to say on them good or bad please let me know! thanks SU!

Megabass VALKYRIE WORLD EXPEDITION - Rods | Freshwater Rods

Buy it. It’s the best rod I’ve ever owned. It balances perfectly with 300 size reels and can throw just abt any bait in my bag. Durability is incredible too, double footed guides all the way up and a high quantity reel seat. Doesn’t feel like a 4 piece rod either 

I got one earlier this year.  It is a nice rod.  It is very parabolic, which is great for treble baits, but I don’t think I would even attempt to throw anything with a jighook on it (even in a pinch).  I put a Conquest 400 on it and it is a very balanced and solid setup.  I did get a silicone pot holder and cut a few small sections to make little wraps/grips to ease assembly and disassembly that stow neatly in the mesh velcro pouch on the carry sleeve along with some Smith ferrule wax.  I’ve only used it a few times, so I don’t have a whole lot of use or experiences with it to draw from, but I took it to Florida a few months ago and was throwing a K9, OG Wade Hoggs, and OD XL rat on it with no issues at all.  It’s definitely a niche purchase that I probably wouldn’t use INSTEAD of my dedicated one piece rods, but in instances where either I can’t or it would be impractical to carry a one piece, the travel rod is perfect!

I live in South Korea and don't own a vehicle. I take public transport or occasionally ride in my friends' cars to get to our spots. I exclusively use travel rods because the majority of the time I take the bus and / or subway. 

I've had F5 Departure rods, 806 production rod, and a 796 custom. Both are solid rods.

I also have the Valkyrie VKC-711XH-4. It's a stellar treble hook bait rod. Throws 2oz - 4oz easily. I've not pushed it beyond a Wade Hoggs, just because I don't have anything heavier. It will do in a pinch for Beast hooks, but definitely on fluorocarbon or braid (not mono or copoly) and not long bomber casts. It really is quite parabolic. 

A friend is coming to visit South Korea at the end of August, and he's bringing the Leviathan Daily travel rod that I purchased a month ago. I'm really stoked to get my hands on this one. It supposedly is that true mod-fast that can handle both treble and Beast hooks.