if you think your lake is low... wait until you see mine...

nadinesmom

Hi guys, I see most of you are in California. I live in Mass, and, alot of the times pond associations on some of our waters control the dam / water level. This is usually in the fall so people can fix their walls & shorelines. It's at this time of the year when I take advantage of the low water to video, take pic's, or notes of every piece of structure I can. When the water comes back strong in the spring, (or rain in your case), I can pinpoint my cast to the trees, stumps, boulders, or what ever can hold big fish. I guess you can call it taking the good from the bad. In the meantime I will pray for rain for you, after you take your notes. Good luck...

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Went to checking to see how the launch looked at the lake :!:

First 2 pictures is earlier this summer with my granddaughter. You can see how high on the ramp and sandy beach the water level was :!::D

post-3156-14252991566518_thumb.jpg

See how high the water was :!::D

post-3156-14252991567447_thumb.jpg

This is what I found looking from where the water level was on the ramp in 1st picture with my granddaughter :!::o

post-3156-14252991568161_thumb.jpg

Same background in back as the 2nd picture with my granddaughter. Sandy beach stopped way up the bank also :!::o

post-3156-14252991568627_thumb.jpg

Here's a path I had shoveled for my truck and others to launch without mud/clay that was about a foot deep, but now you have another 50' of mostly mud/clay to get to the water :!:

post-3156-14252991569059_thumb.jpg

Need rain bad otherwise next summer is launching and sinking in a foot or more in mud/clay which is not going to be fun, not to mention the river which has a Salmon/Steelhead run that need water badly :!::x

hey chris, what lake is that?

Lake Sonoma the Yorty Creek launch (it's 20 mins away from where I live in Healdsburg) :!: A ranger today said they brought in a loader to clear some of the main lake ramp also of mud/clay since it was over half way blocked :!: There deciding if they will do it up at Yorty also, which I hope they do :!::!:

Have you ever been to Lake Sonoma :?:

That is the dry creek ramp? Pretty pathetic short ramp the lake looks only 25' low! You cant even launch on trinity ramps. The lake is 95' down from full pool!

*I see its yorty now, how bad is the dry creek launch?

On the main Dry Creek ramp they brought in a loader because a little over half the ramp was blocked :!: Lowest the lake has been a long long time :!::!: The shame is in the spring in Yorty, it was above in the parking lot and they kept dumping water thinking more rain but it never came :!: I think it's closer to ~40' low is my guess at Yorty :!:

Holy ish..that looks like you guys are going to be hurtin if it's another dry year. How low do they get "normally"?

I don't know the exact number but I think it's safe to say they are 15 to 20% lower then normal, but the scarier thing is no rain in sight :!::!::cry:

:arrow: At Lake Sonoma the ranger and I talked and we haven't seen it this low in like 10 years, but while we don't like it low or the mud at least the fish still have water right now :!::D

:arrow: At Lake Mendocino it wouldn't make it through next year without some rain and it had nice SM, LM and Striped bass along with Catfish :!::cry:

Agribussiness buys water and stores it and use it when they need it. They also want to build two super huge tunnels and take water up north above the delta to pump more water.

if they succeed and build these tunnels the water from the Sierras that flows to the delta will not hold off the pressure the Salt water from the bay which in turns more salt water will intrude into the delta which will impact the Cal Delta even more.

Its all about money. they think it belongs to them but it belongs to the people of Ca not just the Agribusiness. In the end they want the water to make more money.