Baits for 20-25’

texastoad

1 hour ago, brootalititties said:

I don’t fish for striper but added weight to glides let them sink out will get you where you want to be I fish 250s like 15-20’ with barely any extra weight but I fish pretty slow

I’ve got a 250 and a draw I’ve been wanting to try this on, how do you balance the weight though to still get the same action 

Just now, texastoad said:

I’ve got a 250 and a draw I’ve been wanting to try this on, how do you balance the weight though to still get the same action 

Just now, texastoad said:

Tbh I don’t worry about it much, if anything I’d add a little extra weight in the front to keep it nose down a little bit since you’re fishing it in an upward direction but for the most part I am slow rolling it and pausing it while feeding it some line to get it to glide out, I don’t fish it very erratically so there’s not much to it generally though I am adding weight to the front half of the body when I do use weight strips, I’ve mostly experimented with this on my gancraft 230 which is a faster sinking bait overall and over gotten that thing deep like 20-30’ down but haven’t had as much success in that zone yet, the 250 I pretty much fish stock with some occasional hook swaps but I just let it sink for a good bit and fish it slow so it doesn’t rise much