PB SB FL

jachandl1989

Still in my first year with swimbait fishing and I know this wasn't caught on a $200 bait, and I know it's not a giant, especially for Florida.  But I am having fun.  Not my overall PB but now I have something to go up against.

13 Fishing Concept A3 

BPS Predator Muskie Rod

Shimano Armajoint 190SF

20230702_082339_resized.jpg

20230702_082147.jpg

20230702_082306.jpg

Solid fish bro. Well done. 

Doesn’t matter how much your bait cost, or what is considered a “giant”. If you’re proud of your catch, show it off, tell a story about it, and enjoy the moment.  
If you keep at the swimbait game, and enjoy it, your persistence will pay off when you least expect it. 

• 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, LClements said:

Hell of a fish brother! Can’t wait to see you catch one even bigger! You’ll for sure catch one on that armajoint- those things are sick. 

I love that bait.  Funny story, I got a couple of swimbaits.  Nothing too high end, spro Chad shad and bucca bull wake.  Wife knows how much I love my Shimano so she buys me another one thinking I had lost mine because I had!t throen it recently.  

She does a great job on merch and does a deal with Garrett customs online and is gonna do my Shimano in a bass pattern.  Very excited.

Just now, jachandl1989 said:

I love that bait.  Funny story, I got a couple of swimbaits.  Nothing too high end, spro Chad shad and bucca bull wake.  Wife knows how much I love my Shimano so she buys me another one thinking I had lost mine because I had!t throen it recently.  

She does a great job on merch and does a deal with Garrett customs online and is gonna do my Shimano in a bass pattern.  Very excited.

Also @LClements, it's his bait he sold to me.  Send that dude a coupon for free chips and queso.  What's it gonna cost you?  Less than $10, he deserves it.  

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Catch them on whatever works for or interests you!  That fish was taking that bait no matter what tier gear.  I'd honestly hold off on the super fancy baits until you find something that seems perfect for your waters and style of fishing.  Keep having fun and keep grinding!