BB Tuned Deps 250 Process

Clc442

I recently casted my boneur 250 into a concrete bridge and now the front section has taken on water.  So the plan is to try the Butch brown tune to salvage the bait.  Ive watched his video on it but i dont know what foam he uses, what eyelets to use or where he drills the 6 holes.

Has anyone tried this?  Any tips you can share would be great help.

I am very interested in this as well, my thought is to maybe use foam that Larry dahlberg features in one of his old videos. Or possibly get a hold of the company who sells that two part foam he likes. They might be able to recommend a formula that you could fill the bait up with, drill pilot holes in and put heavier duty screw eyes in for the joint. Then at least the judge will be adjustable, you might just have to tinker a bit more with the weights to get the desired sink rate. 

On 8/27/2023 at 4:05 AM, benczar94 said:

I am very interested in this as well, my thought is to maybe use foam that Larry dahlberg features in one of his old videos. Or possibly get a hold of the company who sells that two part foam he likes. They might be able to recommend a formula that you could fill the bait up with, drill pilot holes in and put heavier duty screw eyes in for the joint. Then at least the judge will be adjustable, you might just have to tinker a bit more with the weights to get the desired sink rate. 

Thanks this was a good lead, I found his video 

After watching the butch video, i think he is using a mix of 610 and alumafoam so it has enough strength to hold the eyelets for the hinge

I talked to them and for whatever reason the Alumifoam was not available. I got some Foam-It 15lb density and it is shockingly strong. If I was doing it over again I would try to get away with a lower density; I found that using the 15lb density I needed to almost completely remove the ballast behind the front hook hanger to get the sink rate I wanted.

Glad the video was helpful, definitely a tricky thing to figure out… hopefully someone eventually drops a good formula online so it’s easier to do with less waste/risk. Maybe it already exists out there. I would love to do this to my slide swimmers but don’t want to risk ruining one at the moment.