Canoe Tiger

CG_Fishes

Went out with a buddy at a local lake full of tigers that I have had decent luck at before. We arrived and quickly found out there were both a kayak and boat bass tournament so the lake was swamped. We paddled over to one of my favorite spots and drifted with the wind. As we were drifting into the next spot one of the bass boats cut us off and caught a tiger. Very frustrating, but an often occurance at this lake. 

We kept fishing and decided to try a new spot for me. Within 10 or so casts I had a low 30s on the glide. This was probably the craziest tiger fight I've ever had with the fish jumping often, once even jumping clear over the front of the canoe.

20230916_135213.thumb.jpg.b36d6d75ed64d14895928a87dea1a6b5.jpg

We kept fishing and I had one close to 40 show some interest in the 8" magdraft shortly after. This was the last interaction with tigers for the day, only catching a few small bass.

I can't complain about catching a fish but man did we have to work hard for the lab rats today, probably paddled 3 or 4 miles total. Time to do it again tomorrow!

• 4 weeks later...