anyone ever silence a bbz1

largemouth

I Drilled a hole into the bait, took the rattle out, epoxyed it with "epoxy putty" and it was good to go, easy to do. Just have to make sure the epoxy is even and in the hole. If you dont use any epoxy and just take the rattle out, the plastic will fill with water and sink like a rock. I'll try to post up some pics later.

ya not sure which way im going try might just use super glue. just didn't know how big the BB was and if the glue would hold it but like the idea of keeping same sink rate and action by just gluing it in,unless it small enough and doesn't affect it if i take it out.

Just got two 8" silver fish and those rattles are extremely obnoxious IMO.. Im usually fishing clear water, so removing the bbs is a must for me.

Anyone else have any suggestions or pics to share??

I would go about it myself, but im a little sketched out on messing around with a new bait.

Any and all help is appreciated and thanks for the replies already up.

Tight lines SU

If you hold it up to a good light source you can clearly see where the BB travels. I'd drill a hole just behind the hinge pin on the flat between the 2 screw eyes (about 2/3 of the way between the screw eyes toward the to one), pump some epoxy in (you could probably use super glue as well) and hang the bait tail up until it dries. I'd probably put some tape over the hole to keep the epoxy from running out while it hardens (which might also fill in the hole mostly as well). Once it's set, finish epoxying the hole shut.