Questions on SoCal Trout stock bass and what baits to use

BertrumDoofinkle

Im fairly new to the swimbait game when it comes to socal winters and I'm wondering what trout baits to throw, the young male side of me says go Hawg Hunter big baller for a great bait, but the more reasonable side is wondering what other brands have good baits, I know of Matts Lures, Huddleson, Spro, but are these brands better than one another, I'm learning to Huddleson for the price or finding a used Matts I could scoop up

The lakes I'm fishing, I know people dont like sharing their ways, but the lakes would be Poway, Dixon, Wohlford, Jennings, Santee, San V, Diamond Valley, pretty much most to all SoCal trout/mondo bass lakes

To the point, What are some good not super pricey trout baits for socal

I got a few good rods currently, two saint croix rods ones 1-3oz others 2-6 and the lighter has a Tranx 200 on it and the heavier has a Tatula 300

budget is looking better, "more cushion" to say, I'm not skipping bills for baits

Thank you for the help with the good for which style, I'll probably head to ECBT soon and pick some stuff up