New Glide Bait. Super Slow Sink (pic heavy)

delawareswimbaits

After seeing the potential in my first glide, I was really excited to start another, and I'm extremely pleased with how this one turned out. My lines were a lot cleaner, and straighter. And the sink rate is awesome. I've got it sinking at about 1 foot every 3.5-4 seconds, as apposed to my fist one, about a foot ever second and a half. I also figured out a way to keep from seeing those 2 big slots in the second half that you always see.

BAM!

e76d65f4-fbbb-49e6-8be2-360de07ec455.jpg

Left and Right:

e05c3b34-ec98-45ca-bc82-7a3d5b9efe40.jpg

d169c9cc-4dca-4202-826e-d8a89f9a2746.jpg

Here's a pic with the joint fully open, notice how there's no big slots there. (for those of you who don't believe it's open, look at the hooks hanging straight down)

eb78515f-f638-4374-9d6d-be0e616e549d.jpg

Tail movement:

eb78515f-f638-4374-9d6d-be0e616e549d.jpg

c04fce75-9845-40ba-a188-77f66411b06e.jpg

Gill detail:

9cad749c-ecb8-4651-bfaa-5f69024dd90f.jpg

I'm super stoked on this one. Hopefully I'll have a video of it tomorrow in a fish tank showing how slow it sinks, and sunlight permitting one of it swimming. 8-)8-)

looking good! what colors are you thinking?

I'm thinking Golden Shiner/Carp. I really like Pizz's Shiner/Carp jobs, my ponds are full of em. But I've got a bunch of them to paint, and to have him do all of them would get pretty expensive. I'm looking into getting the Neo airbrush, seems to be a good beginners brush.

Good work! I'm curious to see how it swims with the joint being tight like that.

How much does it weigh and whats the wood?

The wood is poplar, and it weighs about 3.5 oz. As far as the joint goes, I think it helps with Gliders to have a restricted joint, rather than one where the tail can touch the mouth. But for "freestyle" baits (multi jointed, non billed) I like them to have the maximum range of movement on each joint. But also since I built them, I can make the joint as wide as need be, plus side of using 1.5" screw eyes haha.

Here's a video of my first one, same exact bait, but sinks a little bit faster:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8x7efvvB8iM

looking good! what colors are you thinking?

I'm thinking Golden Shiner/Carp. I really like Pizz's Shiner/Carp jobs, my ponds are full of em. But I've got a bunch of them to paint, and to have him do all of them would get pretty expensive. I'm looking into getting the Neo airbrush, seems to be a good beginners brush.

Good work! I'm curious to see how it swims with the joint being tight like that.

How much does it weigh and whats the wood?

The wood is poplar, and it weighs about 3.5 oz. As far as the joint goes, I think it helps with Gliders to have a restricted joint, rather than one where the tail can touch the mouth. But for "freestyle" baits (multi jointed, non billed) I like them to have the maximum range of movement on each joint. But also since I built them, I can make the joint as wide as need be, plus side of using 1.5" screw eyes haha.

Here's a video of my first one, same exact bait, but sinks a little bit faster:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8x7efvvB8iM

Yeah, that swims pretty good. Building them yourself definitely has its perks!