Pyramid Lake ( Valencia )

LabRatsFishing

Been putting a lot of time in here and that's gonna be the home base. Wonder if any of you fellow bait slingers have any slight tips or attaboys. fishing it on a 19ft skeeter, up and down and sidescan equipped. I've been seeing some decent sign of life on secondary points and coves near the damn but still having trouble converting that to bites. Let me know boys. No specific info needed. just wanna start a little chat for the guys who fish this body of water. 

7 minutes ago, Catfishcarranza said:

I know it’s a good lake for trout idk about the bass fishing there though 

its got decent stocked rainbows in the winter months. Striper are the trophies in that lake. there's also good largemouth with a sprinkle of smallmouth

It’s got some good smallmouth in it also. 
Lots of good spots. Just watch out for the jet skis. 
south side of the island has also been good. 
second cove to west after launch always produces. 
stripers all over the place also 

5 minutes ago, Rbalden said:

Just now, LabRatsFishing said:
6 minutes ago, Rbalden said:

Thanks for the insight. I've seen a lot of fish on that island, all those fish from the dam in the summer seemed to have pushed shad onto the beaches and pints on that island

Its almost that time of year... for what its worth since I can't get up too often. the schoolies were destroying bait right at 5pm yesterday as the sun hid behind the mountains, full foam. fun stuff. Me and the chick ended up running into those. She was almost as stoked as I was

Drive by it almost everyday. But haven’t fished in for years. Been thinking about throwing my travel rod in the truck and chuck a swimmer for a few. 
was just reading some more about the lake a few days back. Good striker on the outlet and if you want to hike to fish the inlet 

56 minutes ago, Rbalden said:

Drive by it almost everyday. But haven’t fished in for years. Been thinking about throwing my travel rod in the truck and chuck a swimmer for a few. 
was just reading some more about the lake a few days back. Good striker on the outlet and if you want to hike to fish the inlet 

Went yesterday evening. Stopped a few times and ended up at the inlet.  Threw a few different shad glides, triple trout, and softies in the current. No love. I believe it had to be the first time ever I been there with no wind. It took about 30 minutes to walk from the inlet to the parking lot. 

fished it almost every day last summer, they always bit better when the water was clearer, if it was dirty it was almost a waste of time for me. Got them most consistently on glides extremely close to cover/ cliff walls. 90% of my bites were within a foot of some sort of cover, usually a rock pile/ point.

in my opinion, compared to other socal lakes the fish in pyramid are more agressive and will eat reaction baits better than almost any other lake around. 

My best 2 baits were hinkle and punker, but I never fished it super hard in the wintertime. 

Watch out for giant stripers.....