Huddleston

swimbaitmichael

Finally a web site all about swimbaits! I've bought some huds and just wondering I know the 0 ROF and the 5 ROF has no hook and the 12 and 16 does. My question is the stinger hook location? I see Butch Brown putting the hook close to the head and others back around the top fin. Which location is better? I live in Tennessee and a lot of anglers Laugh when they see me with swimbaits on but they don't laugh when their 5 weighs 10 pounds and mine weighs 20+lbs. Thanks guys

Finally a web site all about swimbaits! I've bought some huds and just wondering I know the 0 ROF and the 5 ROF has no hook and the 12 and 16 does. My question is the stinger hook location? I see Butch Brown putting the hook close to the head and others back around the top fin. Which location is better? I live in Tennessee and a lot of anglers Laugh when they see me with swimbaits on but they don't laugh when their 5 weighs 10 pounds and mine weighs 20+lbs. Thanks guys

Welcome to the site!! I usually have my hook almost back to the dorsal fin. Works great!

The Butch Brown rig works killer, keep throwing those swim baits they will bring you big big fish..

i run my hooks on the head mainly due to the fact that the trailer hooks near the tail hook the fish deep and endanger the fish's ability to live after I catch it. anything i'm really looking to catch on a hudd is not gonna have any problem eating an 8" hudd.

Butch brown rig works great. I've got alot of confidence in it, and I've even caught a 12" bass on this rig too LOL If you have ever seen southern trout eaters, their rig may be interesting for your waters in Tennessee, If 3-5lb fish are swiping your baits not hooking up. I've never tried that rig personally, because the hookup ratio on the butch brown rig has been great for me, and I like the fishabilty of it because I can work it on the bottom without getting hung up as much.

This big fish had no issues choking a hudd down getting caught with the Butch brown rig trap hook (Size 1 vmc round bend, bronze) in the roof of the mouth. If I had a way back rear stinger this fish would be gut hooked.

post-1462-14252991581092_thumb.jpg

Like John's picture shows, in most cases, the baitfish usually gets inhaled, maimed, and then spit out to always be swallowed head first. It's all personal preference I guess. The bigger the fish, the easier the hookset no matter where the hook is.

I got a video of a fish following my hudd swimming past the hudd turning around and eating it head first. It's unreal how violent this was, of course I swang and broke em off and the fish chewed on my hudd for a while with the hook stuck in her LOL I got to upload this video its amazing

I got a video of a fish following my hudd swimming past the hudd turning around and eating it head first. It's unreal how violent this was, of course I swang and broke em off and the fish chewed on my hudd for a while with the hook stuck in her LOL I got to upload this video its amazing

Post iit up!! Would like to see this head shot. :)

dont question the BB rig, it works great. when a fish commits to a bait they will eat the whole thing and the BB rig has perfect placment that doesnt wound the fishes' gills . ALSO the weedless hudds are awsome to-- they work good so dont over do it with stingers--

I'd love to see this video also!!! Please post it on the SUTV John!!!