Back pain problems

Vitamincfoyah

Not sure what you do for work but the amount of sitting most people do is not great for your back or hips. There's lots of videos on stretches and exercises you can do to combat the imbalanced that develope as a result of that.

Heavy bait tossing for the last 13 years or so, currently my right hand has a trigger finger issue and some pain from yanking the rod butt backwards during numerous bomb casts and my left shoulder bothers me once in a while, used to have tennis elbow from side arm bomb casting, I felt it pop during a cast but it's better now.  I guess I got to stop bomb casting lol.  Getting old sucks.

13 hours ago, Working2Fish said:

Matt Allen Has an old video explaining how to cast bigger baits without as much wear on your back or joints. It's been a long time since I saw the video, but I think it's still up on his channel. Don't know if it will help you, but it might.

I watched that a while back and I’ve been trying to get used to casting like that but I look like a moron doing it and gotta look cool at all times so it’s a no go lmao, but Forreal it just feels awkward casting like that, just gotta get used to it

Between roofing for 10 years now and operating lifts constantly bouncing down on my butt, walking the banks at weird angles and setting hook incorrectly for a long time I feel y’all’s pain. I’m glad someone was brave enough to look for the help lol because 10 advil a day doesn’t sound so crazy

I wrecked my back some years ago. After numerous sessions to the Chiro I was much better. Now I use a foam back roller. I take it on ever long distance trip. 

My other recommendations are working on your casting technique, using the right rod power(you won't the rod to properly load up), keep different baits on deck(light through heavy), open up you reels braking system and make more controlled casts(you should be able to make the same distance). 

https://youtu.be/zEYUM7ednNs

Here's the video Working2fish mentioned.