95mm Handle for Shimano 200 / DRT / WCZ Flat Knobs

5-20

4 minutes ago, brootalititties said:

I always use a small piece of thin fabric as a cover to prevent tooling marks when tightening/loosening components that need a little torque to secure, sucks about the set screw some of those little parts are so annoying to deal with

I tried doing that with an adjustable wrench but there isn't much of an edge anywhere at all on this nut. Couldn't get a hold of the nut at all. Felt lucky and was surprised I could hand tighten it enough to where it felt secure and there wasn't any loose feeling play in the handle at all. Definitely would've liked to have put a little bit of extra torque on it with a wrench though!

Wanted to post an update. Finally got to use the Zelos. Have to say I wouldn't recommend it for a swimbait reel handle. The knobs are really thin and my fingers kept on slipping off. The rubber isn't as tacky as the Shimano OEM knobs are and while the rubber feels nice, it's also much smoother and slippier. The posts are really thin. Not sure what size they are but they are not large enough for the DRT Knobs and MK1 wheels. 

I would try a studio composite. They have a few in that 90-100 mm range. I have a backlash's/studio composite 96mm. They knobs are big but not huge…very comfortable. I think they do have some flat knob options for their handles. 

Edited by Obtuse_Angler

5 hours ago, Obtuse_Angler said:

I would try a studio composite. They have a few in that 90-100 mm range. I have a backlash's/studio composite 96mm. They knobs are big but not huge…very comfortable. I think they do have some flat knob options for their handles. 

Thanks. I actually have a 95mm Curado 200K handle coming in. I think that should work just fine. If it doesn't, I'll go back and take another look at those Studio Composite handles. 

On 12/3/2023 at 2:40 PM, 5-20 said:

Thanks. I actually have a 95mm Curado 200K handle coming in. I think that should work just fine. If it doesn't, I'll go back and take another look at those Studio Composite handles. 

How did you get a 95mm Curado K Handle I saw that they were not in the Shimano website?