JDM Reels

jrodgers762

Yes, you have to pay customs or they wont give you the product even if you paid the company you ordered it from. :)

How much can someone expect to pay in fees? I have done research on the customs and border control website, but cannot seem to find any concrete answers. I have also read shipping companies sometimes have extra fees once you get the package.

Its been my personal experience that I have been requested to pay it only 2 times out of at least 50 shipments. Also the 2 times I was requested to pay was when my item was held up in customs. Seems like it was about 8-10% of the declared value.

Have you considered this business in the US? http://www.japantackle.com/

i've bought quite a bit of JDM gear over the years and have had to pay an import fee only once.

it really depends on the seller. the shops i usually deal with wouldn't think of passing that fee on to the buyer... seems a shady practice to me.

Have you considered this business in the US? http://www.japantackle.com/

He is located in Japan. Jun used to be located in Santa Ana? years ago, but has moved home since.

Between my brother and I, there have been hundreds of transactions with both individuals and company's located in japan. Never once has there been any kind of duty/customs fee charged. I doubt if the seller would pay it up front?..or maybe luck.

I think it has to do with declared value/insurance on the senders part.

Some companies in corporate the fees and some don't. I deal with strictly JDM products, we order them by the thousands not by one or two items. This is my personal experience that's why Japan products are soo expensive, I don't know if you will get charged or not you just have to take the chance.

I've bought quite a few things from Japan via eBay, Japan Tackle, etc and I've never been charged a duty/customs fee. I just picked up an order from the post office from Japan Tackle that was over $300 and no fees. However, I do believe if the declared value is over a certain amount fees will be charged. I've heard of plenty of people having to pay duties on high end (expensive) JDM rods.