Dipped the toes in the water, time to start wading deeper

BC14

Backstory:  Grew up in San Diego bass fishing all the county lakes, inshore saltwater, and offshore pelagics occasionally in the early/mid 90's.  Never got real into the big swimbait scene, mostly conventional. Some small 2", 3", and 4" swimmies in SD Bay and in the kelp. Moved to midwest in early 2000's near STL fishing local lakes and Lake of the Ozarks. I fish from shore, boat and float tube throughout the year.

Been throwing a lot of 3.3", 4.3", and 4.8" Keitech Swing Impacts style baits with underspin and weighted belly hooks the last few years pretty heavily.  This last summer I made the jump to the 6" Magdraft rigged and freestlye versions.  Played around a little bit with 6th Sense Trace as well.  The year was great and I'm ready for a little more. 

Currently throwing the Magdraft with a Abu Revo SX 7.1 on an Abu 7'3" Veritas MH  VRTCM73-6.  I've caught some decent bass on it this year, but it just feels a little undersized when casting. Also used this setup for the Trace but just didn't feel right.

All that being said, I'm looking to upgrade some gear this winter and be ready for spring.  I'm not trying to break the bank with any rods, reels, or baits. I plan to continue to throw the 6" Magdraft and possibly move up to the 8".  I plan on stepping more into the glidebait/hard bait realm as well. KGB Shad 180, S-Waver 168, and a bluegill profile are my main focus this year.  I'll be in the 1-4oz range for both soft baits and hard baits i believe this year so that is what I'm really look to gear up for. My local Basspro doesn't have the largest selection of rods so it's tough to pull on them and see the true action.  The goal is to have a soft bait and a hard bait specific setups for the above mentioned baits.

I  have a Lexa WN-300H (NiB) looking for a mate.  And a Curado 200GS 5.5:1(on my crankbait rod currently) that i could reassign in the aresenal.

I have been looking at the St. Croix MJC710HF to pair on the Lexa.  Was thinking this would be the setup to throw the magdraft on all year. As well as any other 6-7" soft baits that tickle my fancy. If this won't work I'm open to suggestions, sub $200 preferably.

Also looking for a rod to be specific for the hard/glide baits. I've looked at Daiwa Rebellion, Irod (not sure which model would be best), St. Croix, and Dobyns.  Again open to suggestions for this rod as well as a reel to pair with it. Again would like to stay in the $200 range\ $400 for the combo. I am not brand specific and am open to trying new things as long as they have a proven track record of success.

Sorry for the long post.  But thank you in advance for anyone who takes the time to read and respond,

IMG_20230623_181233.jpg