Antares dc md making weird noise

_nathanweber

I've had this reel for about a month and haven't actually fished it. spooled it up with line and casted a softbait into the snow just to get a feel of the reel and instantly once i started reeling in and pressure was applied, it started making this weird rubbing/friction based noise from the spool. anyone know what this is? 

14 minutes ago, Loudsplashbassn_ said:

Man been thinking about investing in one but seems like I see more problems about them then good , was it purchased second hand ? 

yes, the reel was in beautiful condition and didnt make the noise for the few days prior i was messing around with it. dont think it was a problem w the reel when i actually received it 

On 1/14/2024 at 5:11 PM, _nathanweber said:

yes, the reel was in beautiful condition and didnt make the noise for the few days prior i was messing around with it. dont think it was a problem w the reel when i actually received it 

Is it the old 2018 model or the new 2023 model? There has been very few isolated cases of people having issues with either one. I've had my 2018 model for a few years now and it's been through hell and back without anything but regular cleaning.

To me it sounds like it might be a spool bearing either going bad or already seized up.

Edited by Dink whisperer

On 1/16/2024 at 8:45 AM, Dink whisperer said:

Is it the old 2018 model or the new 2023 model? There has been very few isolated cases of people having issues with either one. I've had my 2018 model for a few years now and it's been through hell and back without anything but regular cleaning.

To me it sounds like it might be a spool bearing either going bad or already seized up.

It’s a 2018. Seized bearing sounds like the case!