New Shimano Scorpion 200 MD

BMWKev

Has anyone seen the new Shimano Scorpion 200 MD? Thou it doesn’t come out till April I’m wondering if I should wait to get it or go with the Shimano TranX 200 I need 2 reels for swim/glide baits for throwing baits 1oz-5oz I have a Scorpion 300 MD and love it .Any advice would be deeply appreciated thank you in advance 

On 1/28/2024 at 8:44 AM, BMWKev said:

Has anyone seen the new Shimano Scorpion 200 MD? Thou it doesn’t come out till April I’m wondering if I should wait to get it or go with the Shimano TranX 200 I need 2 reels for swim/glide baits for throwing baits 1oz-5oz I have a Scorpion 300 MD and love it .Any advice would be deeply appreciated thank you in advance 

Seeing as the reel has not been released yet I don’t know how anyone could recommend it over the other. That being said the tranx is a pretty old model now and the monster drive technology seems to be the new standard for “big bait” models in shimanos current lineup. The scorpion lineup have a history of being the more refined jdm version of other shimano America releases (usually curado) so I would expect that reel to hit pretty hard at its price point. They’re both gonna be made at the Malaysian factory if that’s a factor for you, scorpion will not be “made in Japan” if your hoping for that.

I understand no one could have used but I was just going by any of the videos on it if they had a idea and where it’s made should be a factor?