3:16 Wake Jr versus Mattlures billed wake baits

waynem

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would also say one of the biggest differences is noise. the wake jr is very loud with the joint clacking and the tail also makes noise. My bait is very quiet in comparison. I honestly dislike the saying "there is a time and a place for each bait" because I think its usually a way to make an inferior bait seem needed but in this case I think it does apply. I have had about equal amount of nights where the fish wanted a loud top water like a buzz bait or loud wake bait one night, and a quiet top water like an osprey, or a quiet wake bait another night. This is one of those times where I think you will be happy with either one or both.

You nailed it Matt. The noise and the tail slap of the wake jr is incredible and it is also the reason I like the original shellcracker. The place where I use the mattlures billed bass/perch is when I am fishing a slow steady retrieve and want something more subtle. The wake jr I fish with a lot of stopping and twitches, really using that awesome tail slap. They are completely different baits in my opinion.

Just wanted to say thank you to everyone that replied to my question. I wasn't trying to get into personality issues of Matt and Mickey - just wanted to get some idea of the differences and strengths of the baits. Lots of people here gave that exact information and Matt in particular was both helpful and gracious.

I have been a serious bass fisherman for many years - no make that decades -but have only been fishing big swim baits for the last year or so. One thing I have learned in my years is that if you want to learn a new technique, the best method is to ask someone who knows more than you and then just listen. This board does that unbelievably well and I just want to say thanks to you guys for your help.

Get mattlures. Stand up dude, realistic as you can get. They plain out catch fish. 316..................not so much. Hard to get. Not sure why, they break and are over priced. All they catch is your wallet. So if you want to catch more than a cold. Get mattlures you won't be sorry. And for half the price.

Wow! I think 3:16 wakes are probably the best in my opion very well built too. If some how you manage to break one he will fix or replace it. Ive never fished matts yet.

you couldn't give me a 3:16 anything. ..The only way you fix them is with a sledge hammer.

Sounds personal to me

you couldn't give me a 3:16 anything. ..The only way you fix them is with a sledge hammer.

Where is the 3:16 police now? Your not doing your job Cam! :P

Eat some balls along with your morning coffee :lol:

"Don't fish this proven bait because the bait maker was mean to me and hurt my feelings"

just remember that justin hill is the same guy who said you can't paint soft plastic baits, the same idiot who said that diamond valley sucks... because he never caught fish there... :lol: the same idiot who responded to someone's topic about fixing their 316 wake by writing "I can fix it for you with a 10 lb sledge." like an "Not Allowed".

maybe i'm just grumpy. i just get sick of guys who couldn't make a bowl of cereal bashing products because they got their feelings hurt at some point in time.

"Don't fish this proven bait because the bait maker was mean to me and hurt my feelings"

just remember that justin hill is the same guy who said you can't paint soft plastic baits, the same idiot who said that diamond valley sucks... because he never caught fish there... :lol: the same idiot who responded to someone's topic about fixing their 316 wake by writing "I can fix it for you with a 10 lb sledge." like an "Not Allowed".

maybe i'm just grumpy. i just get sick of guys who couldn't make a bowl of cereal bashing products because they got their feelings hurt at some point in time.

What really makes me laugh is all these same guys where all about it a year ago... Go back look at history it's highly amusing

But like I said both are good baits get em both