What kind of dog do you have?

Mauknasty

I've got a 1 year old female cattle dog mutt...she's a cross of boarder collie, queensland, keloid and McNab. Looks like a tall skinny black lab with big pointy ears. Such a half full but very affectionate

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Here is my beast, Rosebud. A Douge de Bordeaux, she's roughly 11 years, and I found her abandoned. Crazy story, but true. I'd see her in the neighborhood late evening for several weeks, upset someone would let out their pet.

But over time I recognized she was getting thinner and it dawned on me she might not have a home. So I called animal control to inquire, host of bad results running through my mind, and found they had been trying to get hold of her for weeks but could not. She was living in the hills drinking from cattle trough and coming into town to forage at night.

So I laid out food, couple days later she found it. Over eight days I laid out more and more, further and further up my driveway until the last two days were actually backyard of the side gate. I tossed her food around specifically so she would have to forage to buy myself time. That eighth night I backed my blazer into the driveway so I could watch and wait, committed to staying out all night if I had to, but within minutes she came out of hiding in a neighbors bushes. In the back she went, out I went all spy hunter along the garage not knowing how she might react to my presence. Then I got the gate closed.

That night she tore a basketball sized hole in it, but did not get out. Two days later she let me pet her. One month later after feeding and gaining strength she went to the vets for shots, spay, microchip. Turns out some breeder had dumped her, at least according to the vet. Best estimate was 4 years, and that was slightly over 7 years ago. Been my best friend ever since. She's an angle sent from Heaven.

post-25660-0-37459600-1468976767_thumb.jpg

I have two dogs Tango and Cash,

Both are Pitbull mixes from local shelters...

In these pics they're chillin, but they keep me entertained constantly with their high energy levels.

Tango

post-21327-0-17540200-1469587589_thumb.jpeg

Cash

post-21327-0-86995700-1469587060_thumb.jpeg

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...