Pre spawn dink

LClements

Was lucky enough to get out for lunch today. Caught 2 on the Hudd gill- the last being the largest. 
peep the tail nip. I think things are gonna start heating up soon- hopefully I’ll be able to snag a few more this weekend. 

IMG_5559.jpeg

Nice fattie! You run the gill low and slow this time of year (jig-fishing style), or steady retrieve though the column? I've got the Savage gill (bootleg Hudd gill) and I plan to put in some work with it this prespawn, was thinking I'd start off fishing it like a jig until the water warms up.

4 hours ago, 168 Rookie said:

Nice fattie! You run the gill low and slow this time of year (jig-fishing style), or steady retrieve though the column? I've got the Savage gill (bootleg Hudd gill) and I plan to put in some work with it this prespawn, was thinking I'd start off fishing it like a jig until the water warms up.

I kind of do a combination of both. I run steady until I hit rock or structure then I hop over and let the bait sit there for a while before steaming reeling again. Both fish but as soon as the bait moved after a long pause.