Pistol grip reel seats?

Chaozu

This is common on some muskie/pike rods I think…meant to reduce fatigue by allowing you to hold and work the rod in a more “neutral” wrist position. Not really sure what the benefit is when you’re slow rolling a soft bait on bottom though.

This is why I'm looking at Leviathans musky merc and their other swimbait rods. My old legend tournament musky rod is getting pretty old and my two legend tournament swimbait models aren't getting any younger. Inevitably when they die the only option to replace is to get it replaced with that pistol grip model. I'll grant that it's pretty nifty for older folks with weak hands who can't palm the reel well anymore, and younger folks/dwarves who can't palm the reel at all, but if you are used to palming the reel and working the rod they're real uncomfortable. The fact that they even put it on the 1-4 oz swimbait rod is ridiculous.

Mind you this is all my opinion in trying out the new grips when we got them in. I don't need some Fuji representative telling me that they're actually great grips and my hands are wrong. 

• 3 weeks later...

That's the 2022 St Croix swimbait model, I haven't seen any reviews on them at all but ive been cautiously eyeing them myself..