Diawa Lexa 300

jeffj

I say, stay with the shitmano and go with the curado 301....but hey that's just me. I guess I'm the only guy on here that doesn't dig the lexa 300 who has owned one. Not that I wouldn't use it or that there was anything at all wrong with my reel, I just like the feel of a shitmano better :D

Added: Oh yeah, just to answer before you type it: P-Line PF or CXX 25-30 and LDC ;)

I always had shimano reels, I love my curado 301dsv but the 2012- 2013 curados I really dont like... Thats where the lexa 300 shined for me as a new reel. Not sure how the New Curado will be, might be awesome. But Im really loving my lexa 300's and curado 301dsv's right now.

Looking for input on this reel. I have always used Shimano but this reel looks good. Want to use for Hudds and smaller swimbaits. What are some pro's and con's?

The con of the Lexa 300 is that it isn't a Shimano haha. Get a Shimano. Or if you fish right hand reels go pick up a Daiwa Z on sale.

Can you throw a deps 250 on one? Or do you need to move up to the 400?

I throw the deps 250, 10" deadtwitch heck, even the 13" deadtwitch with my lexa 300 or curado 301dsv - I feel no need for a 400 sized reel unless your trolling. As far as casting and retrieving no bass or striper will spool you on the 300 sized reel, My drag is locked 95% of the time, So if you get one that big you'll just break off anyway LMAO

Can you throw a deps 250 on one? Or do you need to move up to the 400?

I throw the deps 250, 10" deadtwitch heck, even the 13" deadtwitch with my lexa 300 or curado 301dsv - I feel no need for a 400 sized reel unless your trolling. As far as casting and retrieving no bass or striper will spool you on the 300 sized reel, My drag is locked 95% of the time, So if you get one that big you'll just break off anyway LMAO

Some reels to me feel like they are working too hard when you throw bigger baits than what they can handle. And I could be wrong, but it just seems like the life of the reel/gears are being used up. But, you do thing the 300 has the power to handle a 6.5-7 oz bait?

Thanks.