What do you use for wind/rain forecasts?

aphaneuf16

I once had a riveting conversation with a conspiracy theorist on a flight where he stated that China controls our weather….yup….China!  With that in mind, every time I am planning a fishing trip, I go have a chat with the local Chinese Restaurant proprietor to get the inside track on what’s REALLY going on!

All joking aside, the weather where I live changes a good bit and the weather forecasts usually get it wrong except in the dead of summer.  A bum knee is good for feeling changes in barometric pressure.  I’m pretty good at knowing when rain is coming haha.

On 4/22/2024 at 11:06 PM, Bud95 said:

Not an app but try the national weather service. Weather.gov is what I check and it’s usually pretty spot on.

Yup. To be more specific, the nws usually has a data station at your nearest airport.  Nashua NH has a tiny airport, and I have bookmarked its data feed. You can get hourly barometric readings etc. It is just one tool to use. Believe it or not, the best best weather source is usually a dog walker imo. They stay in tune with the bobbleheads. 

On 4/24/2024 at 3:22 PM, BPayne said:

I once had a riveting conversation with a conspiracy theorist on a flight where he stated that China controls our weather….yup….China!  

Not sure if it is true but I have seen internet feeds of smog from China at the California coast.  All of that smoke could influence the weather. Out here we have had haze from Canadian wildfires. I think it has impacted weather as it is visible gas in the air.